No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tupou Reacts To Dive Allegations in Joseph Parker Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tupou Reacts To Dive Allegations in Joseph Parker Loss

Bowie Tupou has hit back at allegations he took a dive in his heavyweight boxing clash with Joseph Parker in Invercargill on Saturday night.

The Australian boxer's camp have also stated they believe Parker's knock-out blow was an "unintentional foul" and should be deemed illegal.

"For everyone asking, the fight was not rigged & NO way did I take the fall (sic). I came to fight but this happened. In a heart beat I would take a rematch if this is illegal," Tupou said in a Facebook post.
    [Click Here To Read More]

People really think Tupou took a dive?

That had to be the best dive I've ever seen. His body just went cold.

Comment

Its a difficult one to call.

It certainly wasn't a flush shot, and Tupou looked lively up to that point. If it was a dive, it wasn't as blatant as Malik Scott's versus Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Its a difficult one to call.

It certainly wasn't a flush shot, and Tupou looked lively up to that point. If it was a dive, it wasn't as blatant as Malik Scott's versus Wilder.
        Tupou's been stopped every time he lost. He's a big guy but he put all his momentum into that shot. It is odd that he went cold from a forehead shot but it seemed pretty real to me by the way his arms just flopped over, same position as Pacquiao.

Comment

If that was a dive, give Tupou an academy award.

Comment

that was a dive, barely touched him

otherwise tupo has a glass top of the head

Comment

Keyboard warriors with the audacity to say fighters are taking dives. How many fights have you all had? Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                Keyboard warriors with the audacity to say fighters are taking dives. How many fights have you all had? Pathetic.
                The same idiots who say Mora took a dive, and/or that Jacobs KOd him. Unfortunately, there's alotta stupid around this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  its a difficult one to call.

It certainly wasn't a flush shot, and tupou looked lively up to that point. If it was a dive, it wasn't as blatant as malik scott's versus wilder.
                  hopkins took a bit of a dive in that picture lol

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Tupou's been stopped every time he lost. He's a big guy but he put all his momentum into that shot. It is odd that he went cold from a forehead shot but it seemed pretty real to me by the way his arms just flopped over, same position as Pacquiao.
                    u act like faceplanting form a crotched position is hard to do///u act like let your arm flop is hard to do..they likely to told him to go down on the first clean shot like he was done for..he picked a rather iffy shot instead..im sure they docked him pay for this fiasco

trainers trying to sound like neurologist to explain this BS
                    "crushed down on his windpipe and make him say ouch charlie bit me"

lol i dont wanna hear it..i been hit there and that was a dive..like was way to glancing to do damage..it was 95% glancing

Comment

Working...
                    X