Collapse
No announcement yet.

The same nauseating circle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are entertaining though and makes for compelling fights. Floyd is better than everyone but if you want to see action and a fun fight these are the guys to watch. I was happy for Ruslan and was smiling when his team (and Mom) were celebrating. Genuinely excited and exhilarated by winning, was great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Well that is Arum who likes to keep things "IN HOUSE" so Top Rank will just recycle matches
      Thing is, Provodnikov is not "In House". We have been seeing all these promotional houses doing business together lately. Top Rank, Duva's, Banner, GYM, Dibella, K2 and much of it is due to HBO

The one who seems to be truly In House is GBP and Showtime. I expect that to to change in the next year, maybe 2. They will have to expand their horizons again eventually. They will need fresh blood to fight.

Comment

Provodnikov was exposed all right...as a savage bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Thing is, Provodnikov is not "In House". We have been seeing all these promotional houses doing business together lately. Top Rank, Duva's, Banner, GYM, Dibella, K2 and much of it is due to HBO

The one who seems to be truly In House is GBP and Showtime. I expect that to to change in the next year, maybe 2. They will have to expand their horizons again eventually. They will need fresh blood to fight.
          Nothing will change until Arum is gone and Todd DuBoef takes over because Todd don't have that BITTERNESS Towards Oscar and Mayweather like Arum has which is keeping a lot of fights from happening right now

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Nothing will change until Arum is gone and Todd DuBoef takes over because Todd don't have that BITTERNESS Towards Oscar and Mayweather like Arum has which is keeping a lot of fights from happening right now
            Obviously you did not even read my post. Read it again until it sinks in.

Comment

Kinda this ^. I simply fail to understand the mentality of fans who are not just bigging up the fighter they like, but the broadcaster who shows their fights.

Most fighters in most divisions and most independent promoters (ie. not TR or GBP) seem to work more with HBO. SHO have a specific target demographic which they tailor to, and have better depth in as a result of that focus. SHO are able to put together some great cards at between 135 and 154 involving Mex/US fighters (at least 1 per fight). Outside of this middle range HBO show the better fights.

Furthermore HBO are investing more heavily in new talent and have more of an eye to the international scene.

I've said it before, but if you're a fan of Boxers then you want SHO, if you're a fan of Boxing HBO might be more your thing - that's if you have to make a choice OC.

Comment

Obviously you did not even read my post. Read it again until it sinks in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenBoy View Post
                  Alvarado, Rios, Pacquaio, Bradley, Marquez

Rinse. Repeat.

And now they're adding poor Provodnikov to this old tiring mix.

Americans are too obtuse to realize what a sham Top Rank and HBO have become.

This is why boxing will never become big again. The low IQ of its fans. They don't demand, or know the proper means, to lift the sport out of the darkness.

They just sit on their fat asses doing nothing. As soon as a new fighter rises, like Provodnikov, they start stupid threads, "Will Mayweather duck Provodnikov now?"

Once Provodnikov gets exposed, you'll see, "I knew he was a sham."

A bunch of fair-weather fans that don't really care about the sweet science.
                  *Slurp* Keep swallowing that SLICK Jizz, Son.

Comment

Floyd has never faced a guy like Provodnikov. He's exactly the kind of fighter he has chose to avoid, so suck a fat one h0mo. And why exactly should I be upset about good action packed fights?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenBoy View Post
                      Alvarado, Rios, Pacquaio, Bradley, Marquez

Rinse. Repeat.

And now they're adding poor Provodnikov to this old tiring mix.

Americans are too obtuse to realize what a sham Top Rank and HBO have become.

This is why boxing will never become big again. The low IQ of its fans. They don't demand, or know the proper means, to lift the sport out of the darkness.

They just sit on their fat asses doing nothing. As soon as a new fighter rises, like Provodnikov, they start stupid threads, "Will Mayweather duck Provodnikov now?"

Once Provodnikov gets exposed, you'll see, "I knew he was a sham."

A bunch of fair-weather fans that don't really care about the sweet science.
                      haters love to talk with their mouths full..........how bout you just enjoy the exciting fights these guys have been putting on instead of eating chorizo for a living?
                      Last edited by mrlopez; 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X