No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: “The Klitschko brothers aren’t carrying the sport."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Lewis became Undisputed heavyweight champion.Something neither brother will ever be.He also beat Vitali when Lewis was past prime. So you're going to argue that Vitali has a better resume? Please. Lewis also avenged all of his losses which is something neither brother will ever do.

And yes Lewis used to get bashed by American media. If you followed his career you would know this. He still gets criticicm.It seems you are hurt that the klitschko's were not mentioned more than you are with Lewis.
    Oh really? Does your crystal ball also tell you the lottery numbers? What is going to prevent Wlad from becoming undisputed champion when Vitali retires, exactly?

Holmes was never undisputed BTW, I guess he sucks too.
    Last edited by Pirao; 01-09-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
      Oh really? Does your crystal ball also tell you the lottery numbers? What is going to prevent Wlad from becoming undisputed champion when Vitali retires, exactly?

Comment

Holmes was never undisputed BTW, I guess he sucks too.

Holmes fought and beat the next best fighter in his division. Neither Klit ever has.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
          Of course...how could we have forgotten HIM

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Holmes fought and beat the next best fighter in his division. Neither Klit ever has.
            Well, at least Wlad beat Byrd when he was ranked #1 in the division.

Vitali, to this day, at age 40 with nearly 16 years as a pro under his belt, has never beaten a #1 ranked Heavyweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
              Of course...how could we have forgotten HIM
              Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
              Not nowhere near as unknown as the Klitschko's are in Western, Southern & Northern Europe, Latin America & Asia.

When they fill up these soccer stadiums, what exactly are they generating as far as gate revenue?

Is it the tens of millions of dollars that Mayweather & Pacquiao bring in for fighting in much smaller venues?

Please do give us a breakdown Klitschko fight gate reciepts, and let's compare it to what Mayweather & Pacquiao fights generate so you can see how way off you are on this subject.
              Anyday now...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                Anyday now...

I don't need to prove anything to the clown who thinks Deontay Wilder will KO Wladimir Klitschko and become undisputed HW champion...go look up the stats yourself. By the way, I NEVER said the K's generated more revenue than Floyd and Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Wlad fought and beat Byrd when he was ranked #1 in the division. And I'm pretty sure Corrie Sanders was #2 when Vitali fought and beat him (Vitali being #1). So they have indeed done it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    Williams was beaten by Morrison who drew with Brewster himself. That you mentioned Byrd shows what an idiot you are. Vitali had more than twice the number of rounds in the bag Tyrd did when the fight stopped. And Wladimir beat him easily twice.

If Tyson beat Holmes in 4 rounds, Lewis would probably have beaten him in 2. Look at how much easier Ruddock was for Lewis than Tyson.

Just to put thing in perspective, Gerry Cooney went 13 rounds with Holmes, while 41-year-old George Foreman knocked him out in 2.

I don't know why your post showed up anyway. You are meant to be on my ignore list.
                    Morrison never fought Brewster. The fact that you judged Holmes from the Tyson fight shows you don't have a clue.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Wlad fought and beat yrd when he was ranked #1 in the division. And I'm pretty sure Corrie Sanders was #2 when Vitali fought and beat him (Vitali being #1). So they have indeed done it.
                      The two best heavyweight are the brothers and they are not going to face each other.Period. No amount of spin is going to change that. And Byrd was NOT the best heavyweight. Lewis was. Corrie Sanders never even beat a top 10 fighter prior to Wlad.

So that ranking is useless.

Comment

Working...
                      X