No announcement yet.

Defend Calzaghe's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the hell did he duck Carl Froch?

B-hop rematch, as if there was any demand for it. It was one of the worst high profile fights of the year.

Kelly Pavlik, who lost to B-hop even before Calzaghe fought Roy.
    Yeah that fight would have made hella sense.

I forfeit due to the brain damage i've suffered in this thread.
    A loss by TKO i declare.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

B-hop rematch, as if there was any demand for it. It was one of the worst high profile fights of the year.

A loss by TKO i declare.

After the Jones fight he could have fought Froch who was calling him out

Hopkins rematch did have a high demand you ape, Hopkins just came off of dominating Pavlik, and Calzaghe was offered a lot of money for that rematch so your argument here is terrible.

Comment

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm British and I honestly believe Joe Calzaghe is overrated

Comment

No you actually said: "u should watch those fights before u check their records"

That means exactly that. That i should watch the fights before commenting.

Are you perhaps a bit thick?
          it does...so u know what I'm implying here
          Poor judgment as in being in the majority believing Calzaghe and Matthysse won?
          what majority?
          I never said such a thing. I said they both had uninspired careers after they were beat. The Calzaghe having better careers was a tidbit i threw out there, not as a rebuttal.
          why? what purpose does that serve when u quote me?
          Would this be the lone time someone on this board don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to boxing?
          u should know...
          That you're not alone with this opinion does not make it relevant. If a majority felt the way you did you may have had an argument.
          I'm talking about a majority...
          Well, he's likely going into the HOF and is of this era. Whom other than he would you care to judge my claim that Calzaghe is HOF but not top100 ATG?
          boxers already inducted into the HOF...who else?
          To evaluate Calzaghes career we need something to measure it against.
          certainly not ricky hatton
          Are you saying anyone but the hardcore fan knew who Dawson was in 2008 at the time Calzaghe had beaten Hopkins?
          yes I do...dawson had made numerous appearances on HBO and showtime already...having fought and beaten adamek, harding and tarver
          Was he remotely as big a name as Roy Jones jr?

No.
          so that validates calzaghe beating an old man who had no claim to any title then?
          No one is giving him credit for the Roy fight. It was for money. An easy going away fight.
          Roy was ranked 6th by ring magazine, but no one cares about that.'
          my point is calzaghe was all about the money and easy fights...he did the same thing with an old and faded eubank...hardly adds to his legacy if u ask me
          Let me take a guess? You think he should have come back from retirement to fight Froch too?
          seeing as froch had become a legit champion at 168 and that could've been a huge domestic fight generating millions...why not?

Why? He's NOT an ATG? He's HOF. Big difference.

He's the second greatest SMW of all time.
          u mentioned the term ATG...I'm merely calling u on it and now u're backing away from it...

if he's the second greatest...what does that make ward who has fought stiffer competition and excelled while beating them?

Comment

46 tried and 46 failed.

if the exact number is wrong, who cares. i am trolling, and cannot be bothered to check the damn boxrec.

calzaghe is an italian god.

Comment

A loss by TKO i declare.

calzaghe called pavlik out on national tv...bhop went on to fight him...

u didn't suffer that brain damage in this thread bro...that I am sure of

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                u mentioned the term ATG...I'm merely calling u on it and now u're backing away from it...

if he's the second greatest...what does that make ward who has fought stiffer competition and excelled while beating them?
                Last peep out of me then i'll spare the readers of this thread of further wasted tiem.

No, i never said Calzaghe was an ATG. I said it depends on the definition. If it's synonymous with Top100 p4p as it usually is on this site, then no, he does not belong.
                If it's about being top10 in your division historically, then there's not question he belongs.

I said in all my posts i don't think he's an ATG as far at top100 p4p goes.

Ward is the greatest SMW of all time.

As in majority i mean just that. A majority on this board feel Matthysse beat Judah and that Calzaghe beat Hopkins.

There's a poll for the latter on one of the first pages of NSB.

Yes i got owned so bad i just can't stand discussing this with you any longer as i find you daft. It's like talking to a brick wall.
                You win, i lose. Good for you.
                Especially considering your stance in this argument is that I said Calzaghe is an ATG, which i never even said.

Learn 2 read bro as the kids would say.

bye.
                Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I think back at how good the posters where a few years back. Then I come in here reading a brandnew Pisspac thread with the same hatefilled gobbledeegoock as before and then I realize that the posters of today are as poor as always.

I wonder why Pisspac suddenly returns? Has he been released from the funny farm or maybe he has been granted internetaccess for a while due to him not having eaten his own escrements for a week?

Comment

Besides Kessler & Hopkins, all his other wins aren't that great. He beat some solid fighters, but no one great. Jones Jr. was already about 3 years past his prime when he beat him.

Comment

Last peep out of me then i'll spare the readers of this thread of further wasted tiem.

No, i never said Calzaghe was an ATG. I said it depends on the definition. If it's synonymous with Top100 p4p as it usually is on this site, then no, he does not belong.
                      If it's about being top10 in your division historically, then there's not question he belongs.

I said in all my posts i don't think he's an ATG as far at top100 p4p goes.

Ward is the greatest SMW of all time.

As in majority i mean just that. A majority on this board feel Matthysse beat Judah and that Calzaghe beat Hopkins.

There's a poll for the latter on one of the first pages of NSB.

Yes i got owned so bad i just can't stand discussing this with you any longer as i find you daft. It's like talking to a brick wall.
                      You win, i lose. Good for you.
                      Especially considering your stance in this argument is that I said Calzaghe is an ATG, which i never even said.

Learn 2 read bro as the kids would say.

bye.
                      I called u on using the term ATG...I never implied u felt calzaghe was ATG...u're either taking what I'm saying completely out of context or u are really failing at comprehensive reading here

good for u that u're reducing urself to the "kids'' tone, but u should follow ur own advise...

I'm not here to humiliate u, ur argumentation just doesn't make any sense to me...if I could find an argument that validates calzaghe had a good record I'd be glad to align myself with ur reasoning however I don't

ward is not the greatest smw of all time, but he's beaten better competition than calzaghe has...in that we agree

Comment

Working...
                      X