Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

After watching the garcia vs Peterson card this weekend. I realized something all these guys that are making runs at 140 and 147 aren't that special. I mean besides floyd and manny these guys fighting now are nothing special. I mean no mosley,de la hoya,trinidad,vargas what the hell has happened to these divisions. I don't even see any Vernon forest,ricardo mayorga or prime kostya tzu,or prime judah in this bunch. What we have now is a bunch of prime shamba Mitchell's being over rated and protected by there daddy Al.
    Danny Garcia
    9.80%
    Lamont Peterson
    9.24%
    Amir khan
    10.64%
    Tim Bradley
    21.85%
    Keith thurman
    22.41%
    Shawn porter
    8.96%
    Devon Alexander
    1.40%
    Adrien broner
    8.96%
    Robert Guerrero
    1.40%
    These guys are all over rated
    5.32%

The poll is expired.

Adrien Broner, Tim Bradley, and Keith Thurman have the potential to be Elite.

Comment

Khan, Thurman, Broner have elite level talent in the classic sense.

I'll throw Porter in there too. The rest don't have the talent, but might have something else. I.e. Bradley doesn't have any particular talent in my opinion, but is strong, fast and works hard.

Except Alexander - he's crap (sorry Khan fanboys).

Comment

Seriously the Vernon forest that beat mosley beats every guy on this list. The fernando Vargas that beat quartey beats every guy on this list.....there's light at the end of the tunnel felix Verdejo and spence seem to be the "REAL" deal

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
          Seriously the Vernon forest that beat mosley beats every guy on this list. The fernando Vargas that beat quartey beats every guy on this list.....there's light at the end of the tunnel felix Verdejo and spence seem to be the "REAL" deal
          Vargas was at 154, these are all welters

Comment

Some of the names on that list are definitely great boxers....some are clearly over rated.
            I think it's just that may/pac are levels above them which makes these look not as good!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Vargas was at 154, these are all welters
              O yeah..... Well fine prime Vernon beats all these guys. That's why lil floyd and manny can still beat the best dogs in the divison even tho they've lost a step or 2.

Comment

Keith Thurman will be a superstar within the next two years.

Comment

Broner has elite talent as well but he's as dumb as a bag of rocks, nobody will remember who he is 5 years from now.

Comment

im not sure what ppl think elite is. but most fighters generally arent elite. and none of those guys are elite. but they are arre all world class.

Comment

Working...
                    X