Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Unification Mega Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People seem to think Vazquez has this in the bag, you're so wrong. Not that I think Burns has this in the bag... but it seems like a few people haven't watched Vazquez's fights.

Comment

Really good card this, hopefully no-one pulls out with an injury. Be even better if they can get a decent opponent for Chisora.

Burns Vs Vazquez is a good fight, an pretty evenly matched IMO..although im picking Burns to win. 2 Titles on the line and a probable fight against Broner for the winner..I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Burns has sell more tickets in scotland tha Broner in USA, so they had a valid argument, and they can call Broner a pussy for not going to the UK and righfully so.
        It's not about the number of tickets being sold. It's about what they are charging for the tickets, and the money the networks ( Broner HBO) (Burns None) are willing to put up for the fight. Burns was offered 3 times is largest career purse to fight Broner and he still turn it down. Can Burns offer Broner that same deal? Hell no!!

Comment

Originally posted by sofreshhh View Post
          It's not about the number of tickets being sold. It's about what they are charging for the tickets, and the money the networks ( Broner HBO) (Burns None) are willing to put up for the fight. Burns was offered 3 times is largest career purse to fight Broner and he still turn it down. Can Burns offer Broner that same deal? Hell no!!
          I'm sure none of the American TV channels would be interested in broadcasting from that backwards little country that is Scotland

Believe it or not some of the US broadcasters have shown fights from the UK before, and believe it or not we do have channels over here capable of broadcasting. Mr Burns certainly doesnt have no TV options either.

Comment

Burns vs Vazquez will be shown on EPIX in the USA.

Comment

wow! I'm very surprised this one got made, especially since it looked like Burns was turning into the british version of Felix Sturm. My money is on Vazquez, but on paper this is one of the best fights that could be made in that weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
                I'm sure none of the American TV channels would be interested in broadcasting from that backwards little country that is Scotland

Believe it or not some of the US broadcasters have shown fights from the UK before, and believe it or not we do have channels over here capable of broadcasting. Mr Burns certainly doesnt have no TV options either.
                Its not much, but Burns promoter runs BoxNation. Gate receipts are much much higher over here because of the amount of larger venues that are suitable for boxing.

But it'd be a hard sell to get the American TV to be interested

Comment

nice match up..this is what it boxing should be about. The best fighting the best. Champion vs Champion, Champion vs Mandatory etc..it is the only way to create a legacy. I haven't seen any fights of Burns, I can't comment on who I think will win, but Vazquez is a difficult fight for anyone.

Comment

Wow I did not see that coming. Good move by both fighters! The winner will unify and have a rightful argument to be the número UNO in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by sofreshhh View Post
                      Ah you've changed your tune from the other thread when you said Broner sells well and sells more costlier tickets......which is certainly not the case to date.

Comment

Working...
                      X