Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevenson needs Pascal more than he thinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Stevenson is not sitting in a good place right now. Lets be realistic, a fight with Kovalev isn't happening anytime soon. Kovalev is with HBO, Stevenson is with Showtime, never the two shall meet unless it's called Tyson-Lewis LOL.

So, that leaves Stevenson with what? Pascal. But they tried negotiating already and Stevenson wanted a much bigger piece of the pie but guess what, Kovalev beat Hopkins and now has three belts. Pascal doesn't need Stevenson anymore for a big money fight, he'll look to Kovalev because he's got three belts to Stevenson's one.

All Stevenson really has is a fight with Bute (which doesn't hold much interest among the fans or networks) or a fight with Hopkins which also doesn't hold much interest anymore (since the events of the past weekend).

Haymon really ****ed up when he tried to screw around with Hopkins in negotiations, he got ****in' owned there. The guy everyone says does awesome for his fighters pretty much negotiated his way out of a big payday for his fighter with a very beatable 50 year old LOL.

Live and learn I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
      I agree, Stevenson is not sitting in a good place right now. Lets be realistic, a fight with Kovalev isn't happening anytime soon. Kovalev is with HBO, Stevenson is with Showtime, never the two shall meet unless it's called Tyson-Lewis LOL.

So, that leaves Stevenson with what? Pascal. But they tried negotiating already and Stevenson wanted a much bigger piece of the pie but guess what, Kovalev beat Hopkins and now has three belts. Pascal doesn't need Stevenson anymore for a big money fight, he'll look to Kovalev because he's got three belts to Stevenson's one.

All Stevenson really has is a fight with Bute (which doesn't hold much interest among the fans or networks) or a fight with Hopkins which also doesn't hold much interest anymore (since the events of the past weekend).

Haymon really ****ed up when he tried to screw around with Hopkins in negotiations, he got ****in' owned there. The guy everyone says does awesome for his fighters pretty much negotiated his way out of a big payday for his fighter with a very beatable 50 year old LOL.

Live and learn I guess
      Kovalev just fought Hopkins who was not only with Showtime, but owns 5% of Golden Boy.

There are no rules forbidding that type of thing. It's up to the individuals. Adonis is straight up scared.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
        He has Pascal, Bute, or some guys @ 168lb if they chose to move up.

Pascal is in the drivers seat since he could face Kovalev or Stevenson (I think he is the mandatory for both of them)
        I'm pretty sure Muhammedi is Kovalev's mandatory. Duva already said they are looking to do another big fight with a name guy. The mandatory with Mohammedi is plan B if a fight with Pascal or someone of that stature falls through.

I truly believe Main Events has no interest in putting Kovalev-Stevenson together right now, it's just too difficult of a fight to make since he went over to Showtime (Kovalev is with HBO).

Pascal however is Stevenson's mandatory. But, Pascal can make more off of a Kovalev fight because Stevenson is hoping to get the fight to go to a purse bid because as champ he'd get 60-70% of the purse with a mandatory. This is why negotiations with Pascal went nowhere, going to a purse bid is in Stevenson's best interest money wise.

Kovalev however can be negotiated so that the split is more even, there is no mandatory in play there.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
          He has Pascal, Bute, or some guys @ 168lb if they chose to move up.

Pascal is in the drivers seat since he could face Kovalev or Stevenson (I think he is the mandatory for both of them)
          Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
          Kovalev just fought Hopkins who was not only with Showtime, but owns 5% of Golden Boy.

There are no rules forbidding that type of thing. It's up to the individuals. Adonis is straight up scared.
          Hopkins is with Golden Boy but NOT with Showtime, television wise Hopkins is a free agent and able to fight on any network. C'mon man you should know this **** by now.

Comment

Pascal tearing Stevenson a new one on twitter now too

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
              I'm pretty sure Muhammedi is Kovalev's mandatory. Duva already said they are looking to do another big fight with a name guy. The mandatory with Mohammedi is plan B if a fight with Pascal or someone of that stature falls through.

I truly believe Main Events has no interest in putting Kovalev-Stevenson together right now, it's just too difficult of a fight to make since he went over to Showtime (Kovalev is with HBO).

Pascal however is Stevenson's mandatory. But, Pascal can make more off of a Kovalev fight because Stevenson is hoping to get the fight to go to a purse bid because as champ he'd get 60-70% of the purse with a mandatory. This is why negotiations with Pascal went nowhere, going to a purse bid is in Stevenson's best interest money wise.

Kovalev however can be negotiated so that the split is more even, there is no mandatory in play there.
              IMO, if the Mohamendi fight goes through... I don't know if HBO will air it.... maybe go to Russia and do what GGG is doing

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                it would be hilarious if Pascal fought Kovalev! Stevenson without a dance partner yet again all because he ducked Krusher
                From the way Duva was talking, that just might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                  Yep its in order. These guys are making a joke of the lineal titles these days. The guy with all 3 of the other belts is better than 'the man' and everyone knows it. Haymon won't even make the pascal fight because he knows stevenson is green. Ppl keep forgetting he's an old dude himself, like 37-38

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                    I think it'll happen. He wants money vs Stevenson, Stevenson doesn't want to. Kovalev would probably give a better split (but won't give up too much).

I bet he'd go to Canada too...well Stevenson already there, but Kovalev would be the traveling champ

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      IMO, if the Mohamendi fight goes through... I don't know if HBO will air it.... maybe go to Russia and do what GGG is doing
                      I'm sure Kathy Duva said she had an HBO date for March. HBO would have already been aware that the winner would have to fight Mohammedi. It would probably be a good fight to have in Russia though.

Comment

Working...
                      X