Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marquez knockout of Pacquiao was not a lucky punch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He setup a similarly aggressive Pacquiao for the same shot at 20:25. I missed that punch the first time around (as I'm sure many did), but it was a great shot that could've been the knockout punch.

There should be no doubt that Marquez' skill takes precedent over luck.

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
      The Marquez knockout of Pacquiao was not a lucky punch? When will pac+ards realize this?
      Not lucky just PEDs.

Comment

I remember watching a youtube highlight video of Marquez landing that same punch on other opponents as well as Pacquiao. Can't call that a lucky punch. If anyone can find it, it would be awesome.

People think Pacquiao was dominating that whole fight. I don't think so. Pacquiao was landing the more noticeable punches. You know, all the punches that people go "ooohs and ahhhs" for. I've noticed that Marquez was quietly landing body shots in there. Possibly to set up for that head shot later.

Comment

Well if u say Danny's punch that he landed on khan was lucky u have to say JMM was lucky too. I personally don't think either was luck.

Comment

it wasn't lucky, Pac walked right into a perfect punch
            it's boxing, shit happens
            piss drinker isn't a big hitter, so the KO was surprising
            but he already put Pac down with a single blow earlier in the fight
            can't say the KO shot was lucky

Comment

Originally posted by HandsOfPlaster View Post
              Not lucky just PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post

Dang Pacquiao's mental strength is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
                  The Marquez knockout of Pacquiao was not a lucky punch? When will pac+ards realize this?
                  Answer: the same day that Hell freezes over.

Pac.tards will always claim it was either a lucky punch or a substance-induced punch. After all, it is okay for them to accuse Marquez of using PEDs with no evidence but it was not okay for Mayweather to do it to Pacquaio because the almighty Pacquaio never failed a drug test. The way Pacquaio fights (always dropping his left hand when he throws his right), it was bound to happen. Never mind that Marquez never failed one either. They will never take off their rose-colored glasses.
                  Last edited by big_james10; 06-18-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post

He setup a similarly aggressive Pacquiao for the same shot at 20:25. I missed that punch the first time around (as I'm sure many did), but it was a great shot that could've been the knockout punch.

There should be no doubt that Marquez' skill takes precedent over luck.
                    In clip #1 at 20:25, it clearly shows that Manny stepped back (away).

In the KO, Manny stepped on Marquez's foot and consequently Manny couldn't come back and was left there with his face exposed.
                    Last edited by ADP02; 06-18-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

The old "tainted beef" power... Piss drinkin, plaster wrappin tainted beef lovin hydroxycut sippin... Cocaine-high-punch-resistant-legend...

Team-Dirty

Comment

Working...
                      X