Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dejan Zavec's next bout scheduled for Feb. 18 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dejan Zavec's next bout scheduled for Feb. 18 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Look's like his dreams of a fight in America on HBO aren't coming true; not yet at least. Zavec announced today that he'll be defending his title Feb. 18 in Ljubljana. A press conference will be held this weekend at which he will announce his opponent, tickets, ect.

I read that Malignaggi is in Miami but I seriously doubt he's been training so soon after his last fight. Due to the disaster that happened last month when Randall Bailey faced Said Ouali, Zavec is without a mandatory either. I wonder who his opponent will be.

I know he's due an optional defense, but he should go ahead and face Bailey. Outside of Malignaggi, none of the American title-holders take him seriously (and I'm not arguing that they should), so he should just keep his head down and keep stacking up the wins and dollars.
    Last edited by paulf; 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM.

Maybe he will fight canelo soon.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Maybe he will fight canelo soon.
      Is he planning on going back down to 147? I think GBP's positioning him to make a run at JMW/Middlewight. There's no way he'd bother fighting Zavec without the title on the line.
      Last edited by paulf; 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Is he planning on going back down to 147? I think GBP's positioning him to make a run at JMW/Middlewight. There's not way he'd bother fighting Zavec without the title on the line.
        Yes,Canelo wants a title at 147 first.They tried to get sencheco,But he
        got scared and ducked canelo.

Comment

Good to read Dejan is staying active.

Comment

Anybody see Zaveck vs. Senchenko happening this year?

Comment

Working...
            X