Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow's Faith Getting Too Much Credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Actually, those monks you mention have been studied, and it's their meditation practices that is responsible for raising their core temperature, which in turn allows them to withstand the cold.

Just wanted to clarify, because I read the study quite a while ago. It's all in their meditation practices and mental strength. Of course, you could argue that that mental strength comes from God, but I try to stick to arguments that have science behind them.
    Yes but it's faith and dedication that allows them to do that. You missed my point completely, I'm not arguing for or against God, I'm just stating that when humans believe in something they draw strength from that.

It's like the way extreme religious beliefs allow human beings to strap on explosive vests and blow themselves up.

A person that doesn't believe in some ideology wouldn't do that.

My point is that faith is a powerful tool, no matter what it is you believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by Underated Boxer View Post
      "how many rings do u have"

That line by skip was the deepest burn on that debate.
      Cris Carter deserved it. He's a punk, who has constantly insulted Skip and refused to acknowledge any possibility he is wrong about anything. He can't debate, so he often pulls the "you never played" card and laughs derisively at people who disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post

prayer builds courage, and self confidence.

religion builds a foundation of hard work.

should he really be thanking himself for his work ethics? or is he doing the right thing and thankin religion and god for insilliting that work ethic?
        but the thing is he sucks

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          Look at the two bums team up on skip,Chris Carter was a good receiver that never inspired anyone,he got jealous when Randy Moss came to town and he is now jealous of winning receivers like irvin getting in when he didnt,he is a jealous clown and a fringe hall of famer at best let him wait like they did Art Monk which by the way was the much better receiver.

that reminded me of larry merchant vs roy jones jr during pacquiao vs morales 1. Roy pulled the you have never boxed before and larry came back with we can disagree without pulling rank.

lol, espn knows wtf its doing, always pitting skip; a white guy very contrarian, against black analysts. Shamelessly racial baiting but nevertheless entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
            Stephen A Smith is an idiot

say what you will about Skip but the guy generally knows what he is talking about

Stephen A is talking out of his ass in here
            Please. Skip sounds like a damn nerdy A$$ jealous FOOL who lost his cool when someone who KNOWS the game shut him down - why else would he play the 'how many SB have you won?' card? Cris Carter is an ALL-TIME GREAT NFL receiver who taught RANDY MOSS and LARRY FITZGERALD how to play at the professional level. He's also a born again Christian who was drinking himself to death in Philly, got traded to Minnesota and blew up. I'd listen to HIM before I listen to EITHER one of those clowns Stephen or Skip.

Comment

He also said when did you ever inspire anyone Chris i had to chuckle there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                Please. Skip sounds like a damn nerdy A$$ jealous FOOL who lost his cool when someone who KNOWS the game shut him down - why else would he play the 'how many SB have you won?' card? Cris Carter is an ALL-TIME GREAT NFL receiver who taught RANDY MOSS and LARRY FITZGERALD how to play at the professional level. He's also a born again Christian who was drinking himself to death in Philly, got traded to Minnesota and blew up. I'd listen to HIM before I listen to EITHER one of those clowns Stephen or Skip.
                You are 100% right about that but just because he was great reciver doesnt mean what he says is set in stone and law on the judging of talent witch was the problem and Chris Carter never listens to anyone that does not agree with him. Its true very good at what he did but able by any means to have a normal conversation if he feels its not going his way thats why Skip blasted with the Super Bowl comment its nothing new Hugh and Kordell even knew that but tried to not throw there boy under the bus to bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
                  that reminded me of larry merchant vs roy jones jr during pacquiao vs morales 1. Roy pulled the you have never boxed before and larry came back with we can disagree without pulling rank.

lol, espn knows wtf its doing, always pitting skip; a white guy very contrarian, against black analysts. Shamelessly racial baiting but nevertheless entertaining.
                  funny thing is roy a better commentator than larry and the rest of the hbo crew lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                    Why would you listen to Cris Carter about Tebow though? He's already proven massively wrong about him. Everything he will say until given no other choice operates under the premise that Tebow sucks and cannot be a starter in the NFL, and no matter what Tebow has done/will do he will spout the same hate and treat supporters like Skip like they are stupid, when he is the one that looks like a moronic tool.

I guarantee Skip is right about the NFL more than Cris Carter ever is.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Why would you listen to Cris Carter about Tebow though? He's already proven massively wrong about him. Everything he will say until given no other choice operates under the premise that Tebow sucks and cannot be a starter in the NFL, and no matter what Tebow has done/will do he will spout the same hate and treat supporters like Skip like they are stupid, when he is the one that looks like a moronic tool.

I guarantee Skip is right about the NFL more than Cris Carter ever is.
                      Like I said....Cris was very into his faith as an NFL player (like TEBOW) after his problems in Philly. Sounded to me like Stephen A. Smith was the one saying that Tebow is still not good enough to be an NFL QB. Cris said his technique is bad, PERIOD. Skip Bayless is the one who lost his cool towards Cris Carter - he should have been wolfing at Stephen A., but I assume he felt he could intimidate Cris with his 'experience' (hence the "I've been covering the NFL longer than you played" reference). Bottom line, Cris was the cool one....so what he laughed at Bayless! Bayless is a JOKE! Tebow an inspiration? Please - even TEBOW wouldn't say some dumb **** like that. This ain't the Middle East - it's the NFL! If you ain't already inspired GO HOME! What is Bayless RIGHT about regarding the NFL? WTF did he mean by drafting players? Fantasy Football?? He needs to RE-LAX and play his position. TT hasn't done **** in the NFL but QB his TEAM to some regular season wins. Is he good enough to play NFL QB? OF COURSE HE IS - HE'S DOING IT NOW!! Bayless was confusing himself towards the end and reacting like a weak minded child. Some of the generalizations about CC in this thread are based on this clip alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X