Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Williams would've beaten Cintron had the fight played the course it should've

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Williams would've beaten Cintron had the fight played the course it should've

I know Williams still gets shit for that fight, but when have we seen Cintron do good in clutch situations? He was starting to fall apart in the twelfth round in the fight against Angulo even though he boxed well and jumped out to an early lead. And he started rolling around like a baby in the Feliciano fight claiming his hand hurt and acted like he was about to die. He's a mental midget and even though he may have some talent I think Williams would've eventually figured him out and broke him down.

He may have. BUt regardless, Cintron most likely could have continued fighting, so it really doesn't matter.

Still, if Cintron could have continued with the style he had for the first three to four rounds, he could have easily beaten Williams. But, that's why they fight all 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      I know Williams still gets shit for that fight, but when have we seen Cintron do good in clutch situations? He was starting to fall apart in the twelfth round in the fight against Angulo even though he boxed well and jumped out to an early lead. And he started rolling around like a baby in the Feliciano fight claiming his hand hurt and acted like he was about to die. He's a mental midget and even though he may have some talent I think Williams would've eventually figured him out and broke him down.
      williams didn't look great in that fight because he tried to be someone he wasnt. he tried to box w/ cintron. but once he went back to doing what he does best, throwing 1000 punches a round, cintron got spooked, lost heart, and looked for the easy way out (throwing himself out of the ring).

pwill was gonna beat his ass and eventually stop cintron or make him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
        Whatever may have happened, Williams decided not to punch for whatever reason and therefore should have lost the fight. We have also never seen Williams in with a big puncher so who knows what would have happened down the stretch.

Comment

I laugh to myself when I think about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
            Whatever may have happened, Williams decided not to punch for whatever reason and therefore should have lost the fight. We have also never seen Williams in with a big puncher so who knows what would have happened down the stretch.
            He got rocked by Margarito (while maybe not quite the puncher Cintron is, but still has quite a bit of power) and he kept fighting.

Comment

the reality is cintron was winning the fight but the judges robbed him. if it had gone further i'm not convinced PW's chin would have held out against such a big puncher. And PW would have been hit often.

Comment

Williams decisively lost the first 3 rounds against Martinez and came back to outwork him in a close fight. What makes people think Williams would not have done the same to some one like Cintron? I think it took until late in the 4th round before Williams picked it up against Martinez. By the same time Williams picked it up in the Martinez fight, Cintron had already thrown himself out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                  the reality is cintron was winning the fight but the judges robbed him. if it had gone further i'm not convinced PW's chin would have held out against such a big puncher. And PW would have been hit often.
                  Cintron robbed the fans of a good fight and made boxing look bad with his stunt. Judges did boxing justice and didn't give that coward the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    williams didn't look great in that fight because he tried to be someone he wasnt. he tried to box w/ cintron. but once he went back to doing what he does best, throwing 1000 punches a round, cintron got spooked, lost heart, and looked for the easy way out (throwing himself out of the ring).

pwill was gonna beat his ass and eventually stop cintron or make him quit.
                    Exactly how I seen it...

Comment

Working...
                    X