No announcement yet.

Another Steroid User: Aaron PRYOR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninth302 View Post
    That was in the 80s before designer steroids dickhead. Now they have masking agents that make sure it doesn't show in piss tests...
    Alright steroid expert. How about you answer the high output guys part?

Comment

Just so we're clear.. was this ever confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        Damn steroids gave us a Fight of the Decade that ended in a TKO. Why as boxing fans does that upset us? Maybe Arguello should have taken steroids too, if you aint cheatin you aint tryin.
        I don't completely disagree. I mean I like to box for the workout at the gym and to relieve stress but these guys who do it professionally all have obvious brain damage after a few fights anyway. Why not pump them up on steroids and make it that much more entertaining?

Comment

Pryor should be kicked out of the HOF. Horrible cheater and fraud.

Comment

I'm almost positive Ephedrine is what he crushed and mixed in the drink

Comment

Originally posted by Ninth302 View Post
              In what promoter Bob Arum nicknamed The Battle of The Champions, Pryor defeated Alexis Arguello by a technical knockout in 14 in front of an HBO audience. The fight was named Fight Of The Year and later the Fight Of The Decade by Ring Magazine.

The fight sparked controversy however, because Pryor's trainer, Panama Lewis, introduced a second water bottle which he described as "the bottle I mixed" after round 13. The boxing press which had been heavily 'promoted' by promoter Bob Arum to support Alexis Arguello, seized upon these few words to claim that Pryor's overwhelming knockout victory in this fight was undeserved. [1]

Adding to the controversy, the Florida State Boxing Commission administered a post-fight urine test which Pryor failed testing positive for steroids. [2] [3]

In 1983, after defending his crown against former WBC world champion Sang Hyun Kim (KO 3), Pryor defended against Arguello again, this time winning by a knockout in 10 rounds in Las Vegas on September 9, 1983, but again tested positive for steroids.

You have to watch those high output guys... usually, it's steroids...

link: http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Aaron_Pryor
              Your link point to a great medical site. Thanks for the info on cholesterol and diabetes. However, I didn't see any reference to Aaron Pryor and steroids...just so other know

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post

Billy Joe Saunders comes to mind when watching this .

Comment

Not sure I would trust anything this guy says along with Panama Lewis. The story seems believable, but the sources are not credible.

Comment

- -U mad dog rabid wolfieboy?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Never heard of Pryor testing positive for steroids. I suspect it's not true.
                      Never heard of it either

Comment

Working...
                      X