No announcement yet.

Hottest sauce in mexico?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Back in Bonnie Scotland now (burnt to a crisp!) but that was a **** hot holiday, loved mexico, the food and all the mexicans i met! Anyway thanks for the tips, i ended up getting a habanaro pepper sauce with a five star rating of fire power, supposed to be lethal! Will be back for sure, u can ram ur tequilla though, that **** is awful - i'll stick to Whiskey!
    Tequila > whiskey

Tequila from 100% agave and aged properly is a fine liquor. Not meant to be slammed or shot, but sipped like aged cognac.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Yea I seriously doubt you eat Habaneros like it's nothing. I would pay to see that. Hot is hot, I been eating chile my whole life and there are some habanero sauces that are no joke.

I have a high tolerance and habanero is hot. According to the skovel system, the habanero is the 4th hottest chile in the planet.

Also, the Scotch Bonnet is not the same thing as the habanero, it's a milder version of the habanero that is more common to the Caribbean.
      I usually agree with most of your post but your wrong here.. The last time I checked Europeans not only conquered North America but also some of the smaller Caribbean islands. Habanero like the natives call it. Is exactly the same pepper Europeans call Scotch Bonnet. It’s the same thing but just like everything they conquer or steal. They tend to change their original names to make it their own. For example: A Taino word for Barbeque is Barbacoa.

Barbacoa barba'koa (help•info) is a form of cooking meat that originated in the Caribbean with the Taíno people, from which the term “barbecue” derives.[1] In contemporary Mexico, it generally refers to meats or whole sheep slow-cooked over an open fire, or more traditionally, in a hole dug in the ground covered with maguey leaves, although the interpretation is loose, and in the present day (and in some cases) may refer to meat steamed until tender.

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
        Michoacan has pretty awesome food overall. Yeah they have some tasty carnitas in Uruapan I'm not sure if there's a better place but they're the best ones I've had in the many states I've been.

Have you ever tried barbacoa or birria de pozo? It's made in a hole in the ground using it as an oven. That's one of my favorite dishes. My home state is famous for it.
        Never had Birria de Pozo but I was able to locate some images of what it looks like..

It's funny how most natives use the technic of cooking underground. Hawaii, Mexico and the Carribean..I love Mexican food and I also appreciate all the hard work that goes into making some Mexican dishes.. ORALE!

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
          I usually agree with most of your post but your wrong here.. The last time I checked Europeans not only conquered North America but also some of the smaller Caribbean islands. Habanero like the natives call it. Is exactly the same pepper Europeans call Scotch Bonnet. It’s the same thing but just like everything they conquer or steal. They tend to change their original names to make it their own. For example: A Taino word for Barbeque is Barbacoa.

Barbacoa barba'koa (help•info) is a form of cooking meat that originated in the Caribbean with the Taíno people, from which the term “barbecue” derives.[1] In contemporary Mexico, it generally refers to meats or whole sheep slow-cooked over an open fire, or more traditionally, in a hole dug in the ground covered with maguey leaves, although the interpretation is loose, and in the present day (and in some cases) may refer to meat steamed until tender.

PRPP
          Scotch Bonnett and Habanero are in the same family but not the same pepper.

From "Peppers: The Domesticated Capsicums," New Edition, 1995, by Jean Andrews, page 131:

"In 1983 when this book first went to press, the general consensus was that Scotch Bonnet was just another name for Habanero... A trip to Antigua to visit with Dr. Brian Cooper, chief agronomist with Caribbean Agricultural and Development Institute (CARDI) was well worth the effort, for he convinced me that they are two distinct cultivars."
          Dave Dewitt a culinary expert also says they are two distinct peppers.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/index.php...ofile_hab.html

Most people think they are the same but they are not. They are obviously similar strands of the same family of peppers but the Habanero is much hotter. I was married to a Trinidadian woman and we had this discussion, because I could eat the scotch bonnett with ease, but habaneros seemed much hotter to me so I investigated them.

Comment

Never had Birria de Pozo but I was able to locate some images of what it looks like..

It's funny how most natives use the technic of cooking underground. Hawaii, Mexico and the Carribean..I love Mexican food and I also appreciate all the hard work that goes into making some Mexican dishes.. ORALE!

PRPP

Comment

Scotch Bonnett and Habanero are in the same family but not the same pepper.

Dave Dewitt a culinary expert also says they are two distinct peppers.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/index.php...ofile_hab.html

Most people think they are the same but they are not. They are obviously similar strands of the same family of peppers but the Habanero is much hotter. I was married to a Trinidadian woman and we had this discussion, because I could eat the scotch bonnett with ease, but habaneros seemed much hotter to me so I investigated them.
              I didn't know you married a Trinidadian chick..Exotic, Nice..

Funny, I looked up the same Goggle search and came up with the same
              result from http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/300679.. But it seems nobody really has the exact answer if there really different. My question to you is if Habanero's are native and Scotch Bonnetts are native, why did one get a native name and the other get a fuking Scottish/ European name? I know why because there both the same and like I said before there always STEALING **** and making it there own.

PRPP

Comment

I didn't know you married a Trinidadian chick..Exotic, Nice..

Funny, I looked up the same Goggle search and came up with the same
                result from http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/300679.. But it seems nobody really has the exact answer if there really different. My question to you is if Habanero's are native and Scotch Bonnetts are native, why did one get a native name and the other get a fuking Scottish/ European name? I know why because there both the same and like I said before there always STEALING **** and making it there own.

PRPP
                Again, I have eaten scotch bonnetts in my wifes cooking, and eaten habanero in Mexico, and I'm telling you they are different.

Like the links I provided, from a scientific point of view, they seem to be different from the same family.

Comment

Again, I have eaten scotch bonnetts in my wifes cooking, and eaten habanero in Mexico, and I'm telling you they are different.

Like the links I provided, from a scientific point of view, they seem to be different from the same family.
                  Again, I have to agree to disagree.

There the same but they just come from different strands. Weed is still weed but they have different strands. Some weed is stronger than others, some come sin semilla and some come with it. Below I'm providing you a link to a list of Habaneros and within that list, you'll see Scotch Bonnets.

http://www.chileplants.com/search.as...earchButton=Go
                  HABANERO SCOTCH BONNET CHOCOLATE..

PRPP

Comment

Again, I have to agree to disagree.

There the same but they just come from different strands. Weed is still weed but they have different strands. Some weed is stronger than others, some come sin semilla and some come with it. Below I'm providing you a link to a list of Habaneros and within that list, you'll see Scotch Bonnets.

http://www.chileplants.com/search.as...earchButton=Go
                    HABANERO SCOTCH BONNET CHOCOLATE..

PRPP
                    OK, I can go with that. Bottom line though is I find Habanero's to be much stronger.

Either way, I eat hot peepers all my life and Habanero's are rough, or can be if they are not diluted.

I ate some chips the other day from Whole Foods that were made with the ghost chili pepper and that **** was no joke.

Comment

OK, I can go with that. Bottom line though is I find Habanero's to be much stronger.

Either way, I eat hot peepers all my life and Habanero's are rough, or can be if they are not diluted.

I ate some chips the other day from Whole Foods that were made with the ghost chili pepper and that **** was no joke.
                      Diria un conocido mio cuando le hechan carrilla por no comer chile, "El chile es para los putos."

Comment

Working...
                      X