Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz confirmed for UFC 183

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Who won that fight?
    Daley is a murderous puncher but he isn't a sniper like Anderson Silva and Diaz isn't exactly Roy Jones Jr when it comes to speed and head movement.

I just can't see a way Diaz can win except maybe a submission that catches Silva off guard.

Comment

The gap between their striking is a lot smaller than the gap between their grappling....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        The gap between their striking is a lot smaller than the gap between their grappling....
        No. Silva IS NOT a no power having striker like Condit. He hits you with laser beams, and it doesn't matter if your name is Nick Diaz, you're going down if he hits you precise. The man wobbled and hurt a PRIME Hendo.

You're trying to tell me Nick Diaz is anywhere close to having the chin of Hendo?

And Silva's not one of those guys that gasses, and doesn't know what to do with pressure. He EMBRACES Nick's pressure style. It's literally a mismatch of the highest order if Silva is even 85% of what he was.

Comment

Nick Diaz has one of the best chins in the game first of all. I can only name like 3 guys with legit proven better chins.

Gomi, Hunt, Hendo.

Anyways. This fight will largely be determined by which Anderson we get to see. Is it the monster who wrecked from like 08? Or is it the dancing fairy of recent memory?

If the latter. I think Nick Diaz has more than enough to get a victory.

Former? Nick Diaz is getting wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Nick Diaz has one of the best chins in the game first of all. I can only name like 3 guys with legit proven better chins.

Gomi, Hunt, Hendo.

Anyways. This fight will largely be determined by which Anderson we get to see. Is it the monster who wrecked from like 08? Or is it the dancing fairy of recent memory?

If the latter. I think Nick Diaz has more than enough to get a victory.

Former? Nick Diaz is getting wrecked.
            The dancing fairy would still rape. Diaz offers no TD threat, and it would be like a dog playing with his chew toy.

Are we forgetting that Silva is naturally the bigger man by a good margin? So basically, Silva's a lot better, AND bigger.

Comment

I would even say Diaz might be a better grappler then Silva. Silva is crafty with his long limbs on the ground but I don't think he's better then a Gracie stud on the ground. But like catch just said he doesn't go for takedowns.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                The dancing fairy would still rape. Diaz offers no TD threat, and it would be like a dog playing with his chew toy.

Are we forgetting that Silva is naturally the bigger man by a good margin? So basically, Silva's a lot better, AND bigger.
                Diaz is a better boxer. Full stop.

silva plays the dancing fairy like he did with wiedman and he's getting starched.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Diaz is a better boxer. Full stop.

silva plays the dancing fairy like he did with wiedman and he's getting starched.
                  I think Silva is the better boxer. Diaz looks great against guys that like to come forward as well, but he pushes them back. Silva will counter punch his head off.

If Diaz was such a good boxer, then how come he couldn't duck and slip a shot to save his life? His blocking consists of using his head.

Comment

Nick is going to make Silve his *****

Comment

I think Silva is the better boxer. Diaz looks great against guys that like to come forward as well, but he pushes them back. Silva will counter punch his head off.

If Diaz was such a good boxer, then how come he couldn't duck and slip a shot to save his life? His blocking consists of using his head.
                      Diaz has better combinations, he is a attacker better than Silva. Anderson is genial combinating muay thai, taekendo and boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X