Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do floyd and broner get a free ride on dirty tactix ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    So you agree that it was being exposed (Tyson) .... you just can't deduce that it's the same for Floyd .... got it ...... you don't have to lose a fight to an opponent to be criticized in that fashion. Depends on the other factors that have been already brought up. Are you new to this sight?

Stop it with this A side, B side crap. If Floyd says he is the best then why remove Maidana's only advantage going into the fight? ie. KO Artist's gloves.

Ali was not in shape and took it lightly when he lost to Leon Spinks. He came in better shape for the 2nd one and won. That had NOTHING to do with being exposed.
    Floyd WON a tough fight. All this fight exsposed was floyd can win tough, dirty fights when posters like you thought he couldn't. Only idiots who have no sense of boxing history criticize a fighter for winning a tough, close fight.

He chose the gloves because he could as the a side. Get over it.

I didn't say it had anything to do with Ali being exsposed. Like I said, Maidana losing close is as much a threat to floyd's claim as TBE as Leon Spinks win over Ali is to his claim of being The Greatest.

Comment

• is someone really saying floyd got exposed?

floyd is beyond the point of being exposed, just like pac, jmm, hopkins and rjj. roy can get knocked out a million more times and he is still great, he has done enough already and the same applies to the others. maidana could have knocked floyd dead with a jab to the forearm in the first 5 seconds and he wouldnt have exposed him. p4p kings dont get exposed, five division world champions dont get exposed. anyone who thinks differently either doesnt know the meaning of the word or they dont know boxing. floyd is an atg no matter how the rest of his career plays out, anyone who doesnt get that is a lost cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
        Floyd WON a tough fight. All this fight exsposed was floyd can win tough, dirty fights when posters like you thought he couldn't. Only idiots who have no sense of boxing history criticize a fighter for winning a tough, close fight.

He chose the gloves because he could as the a side. Get over it.

I didn't say it had anything to do with Ali being exsposed. Like I said, Maidana losing close is as much a threat to floyd's claim as TBE as Leon Spinks win over Ali is to his claim of being The Greatest.
        Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

You want to talk about history now?

Ali fought the best of his era. Floyd has been criticized for skipping over them or not fighting them in their prime ...... So this fight gets factored in much much more than what you tried to point out about Ali. Can't believe you even went there!

Get over gloves? Floyd fans saying that is like Floyd fans now saying that about CWs. It mattered to Floyd only when it affected him not the other way around. Now gloves are no longer important, CWs are no longer important, coming in over the contracted weight is no longer important. Why? Because Floyd can do no wrong as far as his fans are concerned.

At least I did see a few Floyd fans agree that what Floyd did was wrong and lame as far as the gloves fiasco.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          floyd? i get broner, but floyd? he is one of the cleanest fighters in boxing. the only foul you can argue he is guilty of is using his forearm, but he only uses it to keep guys from headbutting him in case he cant count on the ref. if someone tries to headbutt you what are you supposed to do, just let him? how the hell do you put full blame on floyd for using a dirty tactic merely to avoid his opponents dirty tactics and the guy starting it all gets no blame at all?

broner idk, he pulled a few moves i was surprised the refs let him get away with. then again he too is often a victim of dirty tactics. a lot of times when both fighters are dirty the ref lets them both get away with it feeling it evens itself out and he doesnt want to get criticized for taking points. thats obviously wrong, if both are dirty both should be punished and then there would be a clean fight from that point on.

but to answer the quetion you seldom see broner (and you never see floyd) be the dirtiest fighter in the ring. to say they get a free ride is absurd. why did maidana get a free ride against both of them? and dont tell me he lost a point against broner because he could easily have been DQed, a point was minimum and he really should have lost a point long before that for all his other crap. he was even worse against floyd, the amout of fouling he got away with was appalling.
          You tried this earlier and couldnt get it to float. You just look like a bellend now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

You want to talk about history now?

Ali fought the best of his era. Floyd has been criticized for skipping over them or not fighting them in their prime ...... So this fight gets factored in much much more than what you tried to point out about Ali. Can't believe you even went there!

Get over gloves? Floyd fans saying that is like Floyd fans now saying that about CWs. It mattered to Floyd only when it affected him not the other way around. Now gloves are no longer important, CWs are no longer important, coming in over the contracted weight is no longer important. Why? Because Floyd can do no wrong as far as his fans are concerned.

At least I did see a few Floyd fans agree that what Floyd did was wrong and lame as far as the gloves fiasco.
            Winning a tougher than expected fight is what guys get credit for. If you can't set aside your dislike for floyd to do thatt-fine with me. Tells us all we need to know.

Floyd has been on both sides of the glove issue. It isn't a case of right or wrong, its a case of power and control. When floyd didn't have it, he wore the gloves he was told to. WHen he did, he determined what gloves will be worn. He won both times. Get over it.

ALl that other BS you posted is childish crap used to deflect from the fact you are just mad that floyd has the power and control. He's the #1 draw and thats the way boxing works. Get over it!!

Comment

• Veteran tactics doe

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                Winning a tougher than expected fight is what guys get credit for. If you can't set aside your dislike for floyd to do thatt-fine with me. Tells us all we need to know.

Floyd has been on both sides of the glove issue. It isn't a case of right or wrong, its a case of power and control. When floyd didn't have it, he wore the gloves he was told to. WHen he did, he determined what gloves will be worn. He won both times. Get over it.

ALl that other BS you posted is childish crap used to deflect from the fact you are just mad that floyd has the power and control. He's the #1 draw and thats the way boxing works. Get over it!!
                Talk about deflecting! I can't even say nice try .....

Once you put Floyd off the pedestal that you put him on then you may end up being more objective and even getting some or all of the points discussed. You brought up, Tyson, Ali, history and I tried to patiently discuss but you just care about Floyd and what Floyd says. If Floyd never brought up gloves, you would never bring up gloves. Same with CWs, PEDs testing, Revenue sharing, ..... and any other roadblock pulled by Floyd and all of a sudden, it matter for Floyd or didn't. Depending on what Floyd says. Best example is the CW .... that one had some Floyd fans running for the hills. Meaning, you don't see much of them or ever again. Too ashamed to come back!

Comment

Working...
                X