Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking on Tyson UK and US versions are so different

Hey Guys,

not sure how many of you are aware so I thought I would put it on a thread,

The Taking on Tyson UK and USA versions are completely different. The UK version is a lot more personal and has so much more footage compared to the US version which regularly showed the same comments/interview footage over and over. They are two completely different shows with different narrators and everything. The UK version is Animal planet and obviously the US one is Discovery channel.

sorry to those that already knew this but as I wasn't aware some others might not be too

RAHHHH.

So, the UK version has a UK accent voiceover?

Comment

The UK version is on discovery bro? It finished 2/3 weeks ago, kinda miss it even though it sucked lol

Comment

LOL, I kinda liked the show.

I watched the epis I downloaded from the VTB, though. Didn't pay attention to the UK schedule.

I recall an American voiceover, so I'm figuring I saw the US ones.

Comment

No offense to Americans, but a lot of shows are dumbed down for you guys over there. 'Let's throw in some ****ing special effects and kick-ass music, cut out that bull**** interview, they're not going to sit through that.'.

It's a bit insulting.

Comment

Got me wanting to see the UK version now.

Can anyone confirm that the UK version has a UK voiceover? Just want to clarify which version of the series I've seen.

Comment

its not just the narrator thats different most the footage is different.

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
                its not just the narrator thats different most the footage is different.
                I appreciate this, but knowing the nationality of the narrator on the UK version will help me clarify which version I've seen.

So...there's a BRITISH narrator on the UK version, yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                  No offense to Americans, but a lot of shows are dumbed down for you guys over there. 'Let's throw in some ****ing special effects and kick-ass music, cut out that bull**** interview, they're not going to sit through that.'.

It's a bit insulting.

So true.

Comment

Working...
                  X