No announcement yet.

Review My Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review My Diet

I am 5'11 and am trying to get down to 150 lbs. In the mornings, I am weighing around 155-156 lbs. I recently started doing my 4 mile runs per day and do about 1.5 hours of boxing per day. Boxing includes heavy bag(15 min.), double end bag(15 min.) , uppercut bag(15 min.), sparring(4-6 rounds), speed bag(10 min.), jump rope(15 min.), and shadow boxing(2-3 rounds). Please help me figure out if I should cut something from my diet in order to lose weight faster.

Breakfast:
    1. Oats(50 g.), flax seed(1 tbsp)., water(1 cup)

2. Smoothie: Carrot(1), Celery(1), Broccoli(50 g.), Parsley(50 g.), Spinach(50 g.), Strawberries(5), Kiwi(1), Grapes (200 g.)

3. Plain Yogurt(200 g.)

4. Eggs(2), olive oil(1 tsp.)

Lunch:
    5. Chicken breast(200 g.), olive oil(1 tbsp.), frozen vegetable mix(150 g.), white rice or brown rice(100 g.)

Dinner:
    6. Beans(150 g.), Corn(1/2 piece)

Snacks:
    7. Air popped popcorn kernels(75 g.), Almonds (40 g.), Cherries (200 g.), Banana (1)

Drinks:
    8. Water (1 gal.), Cocoa (1 cup), Green Tea (1 cup)

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    I am 5'11 and am trying to get down to 150 lbs. In the mornings, I am weighing around 155-156 lbs. I recently started doing my 4 mile runs per day and do about 1.5 hours of boxing per day. Boxing includes heavy bag(15 min.), double end bag(15 min.) , uppercut bag(15 min.), sparring(4-6 rounds), speed bag(10 min.), jump rope(15 min.), and shadow boxing(2-3 rounds). Please help me figure out if I should cut something from my diet in order to lose weight faster.

Breakfast:
    1. Oats(50 g.), flax seed(1 tbsp)., water(1 cup)

2. Smoothie: Carrot(1), Celery(1), Broccoli(50 g.), Parsley(50 g.), Spinach(50 g.), Strawberries(5), Kiwi(1), Grapes (200 g.)

3. Plain Yogurt(200 g.)

4. Eggs(2), olive oil(1 tsp.)

Lunch:
    5. Chicken breast(200 g.), olive oil(1 tbsp.), frozen vegetable mix(150 g.), white rice or brown rice(100 g.)

Dinner:
    6. Beans(150 g.), Corn(1/2 piece)

Snacks:
    7. Air popped popcorn kernels(75 g.), Almonds (40 g.), Cherries (200 g.), Banana (1)

Drinks:
    8. Water (1 gal.), Cocoa (1 cup), Green Tea (1 cup)
    good diet, i have the exact same lunch and somewhat the same breakfast, i hate oats specially with water

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
      good diet, i have the exact same lunch and somewhat the same breakfast, i hate oats specially with water
      Yeah, they are pretty gross that way.

Comment

You're eating too many carbohydrates with meals. If you are having Veggie Mix with your lunch. You don't really need the rice

I'm not sure what to make of the breakfast. Do you eat ALL the stuff listed or just one of the various meals listed under the numbers?

Yogurt is high in carbohydrates and sugars so I would cut that out.

For a breakfast I'd do a 4 Egg Omelette with your vegetables in there + your flax oil and maybe some oatmeal, but I wouldn't eat more than 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

If you are going to have a smoothie, I'd have that as a snack option. I'd also invest in some whey protein. Which you could also have in your smoothie or simply have the whey + some Almonds for a snack.

I'd get some kind of lean protein in with your dinner like maybe a piece of Fish like Tilapia or Flounder.

Drink Plenty of Water. I'd try to get 1 1/2 gallons per day. Green Tea is a staple when I'm cutting. Definitely keep doing that. I'd look into getting some Green Tea Extract pills that you can take with your meals.

Coffee is also something you could throw in for speeding things up since it has caffeine.

Make sure you are spreading your meals out too. Every 3 hours is what I normally do

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
          You're eating too many carbohydrates with meals. If you are having Veggie Mix with your lunch. You don't really need the rice

I'm not sure what to make of the breakfast. Do you eat ALL the stuff listed or just one of the various meals listed under the numbers?

Yogurt is high in carbohydrates and sugars so I would cut that out.

For a breakfast I'd do a 4 Egg Omelette with your vegetables in there + your flax oil and maybe some oatmeal, but I wouldn't eat more than 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

If you are going to have a smoothie, I'd have that as a snack option. I'd also invest in some whey protein. Which you could also have in your smoothie or simply have the whey + some Almonds for a snack.

I'd get some kind of lean protein in with your dinner like maybe a piece of Fish like Tilapia or Flounder.

Drink Plenty of Water. I'd try to get 1 1/2 gallons per day. Green Tea is a staple when I'm cutting. Definitely keep doing that. I'd look into getting some Green Tea Extract pills that you can take with your meals.

Coffee is also something you could throw in for speeding things up since it has caffeine.

Make sure you are spreading your meals out too. Every 3 hours is what I normally do
          Great, this is good advice since you have probably gone through the cutting weight thing, as well. I will make sure to cut out some carbohydrates since I do eat a lot of fruit. The rice was something I have been thinking about cutting, especially white rice, since I feel it is not as beneficial as other foods. The yogurt was another food I thought might be doing me more harm than good. Fish is a food I've been trying to implement into my food. Overall, you reinforced some of my own opinions on these foods.

Comment

Working...
          X