Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ward forced to move up or did he outgrow SMW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did rule 168 and the bigger monetary opportunities are at 175. It might be more a business decision. I have never seen a report of him having problems making 168 and he says himself that he is going up in weight and is very aware of that

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Anyways nobody knows the answer but him. If you hate him you'll say he outgrew it if you like him you'll say he was forced.

He was forced to move up due to the lack of opponents at 168 on hbo side of the street.

Golovkin didn't bite
      Froch retired
      Chavez went with haymon
      Abraham already lost to ward
      Ramirez ain't ready

Degale
      Jack
      Dirrell

all haymon.

And although 2 haymon fighters are scheduled to fight on hbo. We still haven't seen a haymon fighter vs a roc nation fighter.

so ward made the right move.

I just wish he could have fought golovkin first.

it should be SOG vs GGG tonight at 168.

Then barrera in the summer and Kovalev in january.

That would have been the perfect run for andre

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If you move up to 175 you are well advised to try to get as close to 175 as possible. I saw the same guy just a few lbs bigger.

I think he could fight at 168 again. I suppose its a agree to disagree situation unless GGG calls in the Ward 168lb fight offer from awhile back if Canelo leaves him standing at the altar until after May 2017 & then we could see if I'm correct or you're correct.
        I don't know I have seen guys move up and be under by 4-5 lbs. but you are a decent guy and might ne right

Comment

Working...
        X