No announcement yet.

Ditching the road work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I encourage people to run but I simply can't do it myself. I CAN, but my knees always suffer. It's not a matter of technique as I've put a lot of effort and research into trying various forms of running over the years. I really have. I think it's genetic as others in my family have the same issue. If you can run, DO IT. But, if it isn't working, try other forms and don't listen to those who insist that you are simply doing something wrong. I finally ditched running almost a year ago, my knees don't hurt anymore, and I'm focusing on other types of cardio which have worked out well. I can box a lot better now that my knees aren't holding me back.
    Since I stopped running outisde, the knee pain and shin pain are gone, I was thinking of just focussing on cardio on the machines but keep it intense.I think keeping cardio boxing based is another thing, If I want to box better, the only way is to box

Comment

Shin splints are a direct outcome of improper stretching, you should look into a better warm up and stretching routine. Stretching is as important as the actual exercise. You should give running a second try with the proper stretching and proper footwear and see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
        Shin splints are a direct outcome of improper stretching, you should look into a better warm up and stretching routine. Stretching is as important as the actual exercise. You should give running a second try with the proper stretching and proper footwear and see how that goes.
        im going to a running shop, they will analyse my gait and technique, if its all good then i will give it another chance

Comment

Working...
        X