Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would have won between prime Martinez and Kessler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would have won between prime Martinez and Kessler?

Would Martinez with full knee mobility, have been able to shoot that jab and straight left out, and move out of the way of Kessler's counters?

Whose jab is rangier? Martinez had a long, lever type jab, but Kessler is a few inches taller than him, and has more of a piston, straight jab.

I think Kessler does what Pavlik did for a few rounds, once he timed his speed and in and out movements... Becuase Martinez doesn't have much of a defense - he jsut had such fast feet he could keep distance, and close the distance so well to get his shots off, and then just move back out of range.

But with a good jab, adn timing, it completely negated it...

Kessler would stop him around the 11th, I think.

I think Kessler wins. A good big fighter will beat a good smaller fighter most the time. Kessler has the skills to offset Martinez and beat him, probably even stop him.

Comment

Pound for pound Martinez embrasses Kesseler but head to head Kessler smashes Martinez. Too much of a size difference.
      Last edited by SilverMiles; 12-16-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Have to remember, Martinez was more of a Jr Middleweight. He didn't move up till Paul Williams needed to replace Kelly Pavlik 5 weeks out. He needed a big fight back then. Kessler, obviously a super middleweight. Not sure if this is a P4P situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Pound for pound Martinez embarrasses Kessler but head to head Kessler smashes Martinez. Too much of a size difference.
          This here is the right answer, Martinez p4p #1
          Last edited by RA-Box; 12-16-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Kessler...

Comment

martinez was a 154 and 160 lber. he'd have gotten busted up. probably a wide loss on points. guessing that he hits the deck, too

Comment

Martinez would get KOed easily, infact Martinez would duck Kovalev just like he did with GGG but I don't call it a duck If he isn't in the same division but if he is in the same fight weight as Kov he'd avoid him like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                  This here is the right answer, despite the spelling mistakes.

Martonez p4p #1
                  Lol yeah I just noticed tried to get in real quick before going back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Martinez would get KOed easily, infact Martinez would duck Kovalev just like he did with GGG but I don't call it a duck If he isn't in the same division but if he is in the same fight weight as Kov he'd avoid him like the plague.
                    What a spaz

Comment

Working...
                    X