No announcement yet.

Froch is the main man at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    the only thing froch does better than ward is conquer women.

cordingly is "the woman in the red dress." ward's wife is "the dump truck in the black moomoo."
    At least you're man enough to admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      Wauw! I didn't know they had colour photography back then.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        What is he getting at the moment then?

he made two million US against edwin rodriguez. that's the virtual ceiling for a regular premium network card.

that's not as much as froch, but you don't have to pay crazy UK taxes.

Comment

Ward is still the #1 guy... he would absolutely massacre froch now... Great win for froch last night, but clearly his best days are behind him... Prime froch lost a wide decision to ward the first time, and now i think a rematch would be even more lopsided..

Froch looked slow, old, and no reaction time, and lucky that groves cant handle pressure very well and gasses..

Froch vs chavez, ggg, kessler 3, hopkins are decent fights for him, but ward would murder him at this point....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he made two million US against edwin rodriguez. that's the virtual ceiling for a regular premium network card.

that's not as much as froch, but you don't have to pay crazy UK taxes.

Actually Pavlik got 2.5 million vs Lockett LOL
            HBO were fools back then

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              HBO were fools back then
              Incredible that they haven't learned. Ward's gigapurse vs. Rodriguez ensured Ward's subsequent inactivity because he now felt that he is PPV. Since Rodriguez made him 2M then its natural for Ward to think that an opponent with a pulse would land him on PPV.

Comment

Ward has until the end of the year to get in the ring or he'll lose that spot by default.

Still, Ward's the man at 168, whether he deserves to be ranked there or not. I just wish he'd prove it more often.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  HBO were fools back then

yes, they've dropped their celing after bradley - alexander sucked so bad, depleted a quarter of the budget for an entire year, and ended in a headbutt

the budget isn't public, but it's speculated that they've cut it down by as much as 25% or more.

pavlik then went to hopkins straight from lockett, and made 4 million on ppv to get his butt kicked. i expect ward to be on small ppv cards in the near future, if he can get away from goossen.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Incredible that they haven't learned. Ward's gigapurse vs. Rodriguez ensured Ward's subsequent inactivity because he now felt that he is PPV. Since Rodriguez made him 2M then its natural for Ward to think that an opponent with a pulse would land him on PPV.

dude, ward's promotional issues ensured the inactivity. he's suing his boss. in the past there were injuries, and kelly pavlik lost his mind.

hbo would do ward - a rodriguez level opponent again. it did good numbers, and they want to keep the best fighter on the planet on their airwaves.

Comment

Kind of messed up that since Ward beat Froch, Froch is the one cleaning out the division. Should be the other way around and that's why I don't get too upset when people talk about Froch surpassing Ward, though I don't agree at all. Fans are going to prefer the fighter who's fighting often and beating the best than the guy who isn't fighting at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X