Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its funny to read these comments and see people questioning the greatness of a 4 time 3 division world champion who in his career has fought every relevant fighter in his weight classes except those who wouldnt fight him (Ricky Hatton for example)... its sad... unless your undefeated or on an amazing run you cant ignore... your a nobody... your accomplishments in the past are forgotten...

"most people dont know **** about boxing"

Cotto-Trout was a great fight... it was a close fight... no fighter was dominated... anyone who says otherwise didnt watch the fight...

Styles make fights... and considering the style match up... Cotto did well... i expected Cotto to win... but Trout was a game opponent... he kept his will in tact, and pulled out a W....against a great fighter, not a shot one...

Cotto did lose some things after margarito I... but as a classy Cotto once said "**** happens in boxing, in life"... no excuses Miguel Cotto is still a great fighter... props to Trout... id pick him over canelo...and id still pick cotto to outclass canelo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• cotto been washed up for a long time now. Last decent performance was against Pacquaio, Mayweather was sick that why Cotto had that lil success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        cotto been washed up for a long time now. Last decent performance was against Pacquaio, Mayweather was sick that why Cotto had that lil success.
        Do you even believe the crap you just posted?? Cotto looked decent for the 1st 2 rounds against Pacman & that's it. Weighting in at 145 to boot. Cotto looked monumentally better against Floyd, Foreman, Mayorga, Margarito 2 & Trout than he did at 145 for 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Do you even believe the crap you just posted?? Cotto looked decent for the 1st 2 rounds against Pacman & that's it. Weighting in at 145 to boot. Cotto looked monumentally better against Floyd, Foreman, Mayorga, Margarito 2 & Trout than he did at 145 for 2 rounds.
          Until the 2nd KD Cotto was looking sharp vs Pac, way faster than he's been at 154. Then he lost all will to win.

Comment

• i honestly just think he doesn't belong at 154. factor in that he's past prime (not shot though) and you get what you're seeing from cotto now. i'm not sure if he would struggle to get down to 147 again, but imo he'd beat a lot more top fighters there then he would at 154. he's an older fighter fighting outside his weight class, but guys like foreman, mayorga, and margarito weren't able to show that.

Comment

• I think we all can agree Cotto's isn't a prime fighter anymore and hasn't been for a while. But that also doesn't mean Cotto is on life support as far as his career is concerned. I think in the case of Trout, the willingness of Cotto to really fight anyone caught up to him as Trout was just overall a bad style match up for Cotto. Had he still been signed to Top Rank, I think we probably would've seen a K9 fight instead. Is Cotto washed up? I don't think so, but he's in a tough spot right now being there's virtually nobody of importance that Cotto could fight at 154. Now, at 147 you have fights with Bradley, Pacquiao (rematch make sense?), Ortiz, Berto, etc. Of course, Cotto probably can't make 147 anymore, but at least for the sake of entertaining fights, he's really got nothing at 154.

Comment

• If Cotto could make 147 without any problems, I'm sure he'd do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

Trout , cotto couldent even establish a effect jab what he known to do very well, he won only like 3 rounds top.

Floyd was sick to the point he flirted with the idea of pulling out the fight, Hence why Cotto even had some success.

Margarito 2, Margarito was handicap thanks to pacquaio and past prime for some time now.

Mayorga is way past prime, still cotto went 12 competitive rounds with him before the dive went into effect.

Foreman was handicap he couldent even stand up on his own, anyone would look good against that.

and I was being generous saying cotto last decent performance was Pacquaio cause didnt want to rain on him too hard. But yeah to be honest two rounds of actual success doesnt cut it.

Pacquaio, although at 145 Cotto was only able to compete for 2 rounds.

So in conclusion his last decent performance was against micheal jennings.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    If Cotto could make 147 without any problems, I'm sure he'd do it.
                    Thing with Cotto I've seen since he hit 147lbs is he doesn't maintain the weight after fights and sorta baloons more than he should (not as much as Hatton did though). I believe Cotto genuinely can make 147lbs but chooses 154 because it's easier to make. But considering the landscape at 154, he's got a chance to make more money at 147 against guys like Ortiz, Bradley, etc. I still think he beats at least both these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
                      its funny to read these comments and see people questioning the greatness of a 4 time 3 division world champion who in his career has fought every relevant fighter in his weight classes except those who wouldnt fight him (Ricky Hatton for example)... its sad... unless your undefeated or on an amazing run you cant ignore... your a nobody... your accomplishments in the past are forgotten...

"most people dont know **** about boxing"

Cotto-Trout was a great fight... it was a close fight... no fighter was dominated... anyone who says otherwise didnt watch the fight...

Styles make fights... and considering the style match up... Cotto did well... i expected Cotto to win... but Trout was a game opponent... he kept his will in tact, and pulled out a W....against a great fighter, not a shot one...

Cotto did lose some things after margarito I... but as a classy Cotto once said "**** happens in boxing, in life"... no excuses Miguel Cotto is still a great fighter... props to Trout... id pick him over canelo...and id still pick cotto to outclass canelo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      Best post I've read in a while. People who say Trout dominated are tripping. Austin won a close, competitive fight and big props to him! But Cotto, although not at his best is still a very, very good fighter. A trout rematch would be great. I still think, style wise, as long as the fight gets made sooner rather than later, Cotto beats Canelo. Cotto is his in 30s, has held 3 separate world championships in 3 separate weight divisions, only ever lost to great fighters and is still a competitive match up for anyone at 154, infact he beats 90% of light middleweights out there.

Cotto is a top level, elite fighter. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X