No announcement yet.

whats your interpretation of: "born alone, die alone"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chinaski View Post
    lets say by their costumes, chants, etc. the one that looks good in your eye. sound good in your ears
    i dont "enjoy" rituals... even in an aesthetic sense...

you should visit singapore... see these things for yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      i dont "enjoy" rituals... even in an aesthetic sense...

you should visit singapore... see these things for yourself...
      damn really?

theres alot of buddhist in singapore?

you know in the movie "in the mood for love" it says its like summer everyday in singapore

Comment

Billions died before you. Man up & accept it. We all die at some point - that's something every being has in common you should only regret it if you didn't get to do all you wanted in life. In which case, hurry up!!

Comment

'Born alone, die alone - No crew to keep my crown or throne.'

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            i stay away from it's rituals and chants though...
            but you do rituals everyday, you just don't realize it and you may not think of it having any spiritual implications but it is a part of the whole universe being one.

What the heck am I saying?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              'Born alone, die alone - No crew to keep my crown or throne.'
              "The World Is Yours"

Comment

I hate these facebook style self enlightenment faux philosophy images.

Most people are delivered by a team of nurses and have a family who care for them their whole lives until the day they die.

Life is only lonely if you make it so. You can be alone, but you don't have to be lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  I hate these facebook style self enlightenment faux philosophy images.

Most people are delivered by a team of nurses and have a family who care for them their whole lives until the day they die.

Life is only lonely if you make it so. You can be alone, but you don't have to be lonely.
                  No Man is an Island.

Comment

To me the quote is to nail down the reality that you have only certain amount of time in this world and don't waste it and don't waste your time looking for help from outside agencies and people. You are on your own get on with it.

Comment

You can only ever really rely on yourself, in your darkest times you have to recover for yourself. You have to achieve and succeed for yourself, work for yourself, play for yourself and enjoy your life. You live your life, no one lives it for you.

They way I interpret is you live your life for yourself. If you want to go to the gym and bulk up, you don't do it because you'll get girls, you're doing it to better yourself. No matter how much you feel connected to a person or people, you're always alone.

This is not to say that you help people out for the benefit of them returning the favour, it's not a selfish idea like that. It's more like you look after yourself first before worrying about others because ultimately they're not there to worry about you when you're born or when you die.

No regrets, you're your own person, free to do what you want. Not to be bound by another person's actions or resent the time lost or opportunities missed because of others. It sounds very self centered and discouraging from a relationship POV but you should never forget you're your own person and should do what you want - but never intentionally hurt anyone or anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X