No announcement yet.

Arreola and Chambers deserve more respect than Valuev and Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maverock View Post
    I think both Ruiz and Chambers tried, they really wanted to win. Just Ruiz was able to connect because Haye boxes openly with very little defense. Chambers didn't land a single meaningful punch as Wlad is very elusive and hard to hit ever since he's with Manny.

To the untrained eye it may have looked like Chambers wasn't trying but I think that is being unfair. He came with a game plan, it just went out of the window when he got tagged in the second round.

What's the main difference between Chambers and Ruiz? Age.

Ruiz was on the decline, clearly over the hill at 38. Chambers is young and was on an upward trajectory. He came with recent wins over HW contenders in Peter and Dimitrenko.
    I was impressed how he beat Dimentrko, but he's a 6 foot 1 HW with no power. He came in at 209 pounds.

He's got skills and speed, but that's not enough.

Ruiz came for a payday too, he did try but he was never gonna win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
      Most people who choose boxing as a career want to fight the best and become the real champions! Someone like Haye who constantly talks the talk shouldn't fail to walk the walk.

Chambers > Haye
      Arreola > Haye
      Chambers wouldn't beat Haye Carny. The man is 209 and has no power. I also feel Haye would KO him

Arreola is a big threat to Haye though. Infact I feel he's a threat to Wlad aswell

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        Chambers wouldn't beat Haye Carny. The man is 209 and has no power. I also feel Haye would KO him

Arreola is a big threat to Haye though. Infact I feel he's a threat to Wlad aswell
        I disagree. Haye gets KOed by Arreola, Chambers wide UD by Chambers is 10x faster than the old Ruiz who was landing a lot on Haye, plus Chambers defense doesn't consist in blocking punches with his face like Ruiz's. Haye has only fought 1 top 10 HW, Valuev, who was actually a top 10 HW only because he got awarded a BS decision against Holyfield. The only top 10 HW Haye faced, he struggled against him, Chambers is better than Valuev and would most probably school him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
          I disagree. Haye gets KOed by Arreola, Chambers wide UD by Chambers is 10x faster than the old Ruiz who was landing a lot on Haye, plus Chambers defense doesn't consist in blocking punches with his face like Ruiz's. Haye has only fought 1 top 10 HW, Valuev, who was actually a top 10 HW only because he got awarded a BS decision against Holyfield. The only top 10 HW Haye faced, he struggled against him, Chambers is better than Valuev and would most probably school him.
          Ruiz didn't hit Haye a lot. He didn't win one round bro.

Chambers is definitely fast, but I don't think his chin can take the speed of Haye.

Chambers does well against guys who are big and slow. Heck he's a 209lber. Haye is someone who pretty much dominates smaller guys.

Chambers defence is good, but Haye is very fast. Chambers will fight defensively once he feels Haye's power.

Arreola has a good chance to KO Haye yes. I agree on that

Comment

Ruiz didn't hit Haye a lot. He didn't win one round bro.

Chambers is definitely fast, but I don't think his chin can take the speed of Haye.

Chambers does well against guys who are big and slow. Heck he's a 209lber. Haye is someone who pretty much dominates smaller guys.

Chambers defence is good, but Haye is very fast. Chambers will fight defensively once he feels Haye's power.

Arreola has a good chance to KO Haye yes. I agree on that
            Ruiz did indeed win some rounds, I gave him one and I have seen round by rounds where other people gave him two. Saying that Ruiz didn't hit Haye a lot is false, sorry to say, if there's something Haye was criticized for after the fight is how easy Ruiz hit him, I can pull a couple of old threads if you don't believe me.

Chambers took a lot of damage against Wlad and didn't go down until the last round, how do you figure his chin can't take Haye's shots, when has Chambers shown a weak chin?

Haye has dominated at HW Barrett and Ruiz who were both waaaay outside of the top 10, how can you compare that to dominating Chambers?

Saying that Chambers would just try to survive when he feels Haye's power is just your assumption, and is based on what exactly? Haye is not going to frustrate Chambers like Wlad did, since Chambers was getting hit all the time, while being unable to hit Wlad. You really think Haye could avoid being hit like Wlad did, considering how Ruiz hit him?

Comment

Yet another copy/paste job.

Red K given.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                Ruiz did indeed win some rounds, I gave him one and I have seen round by rounds where other people gave him two. Saying that Ruiz didn't hit Haye a lot is false, sorry to say, if there's something Haye was criticized for after the fight is how easy Ruiz hit him, I can pull a couple of old threads if you don't believe me.

Chambers took a lot of damage against Wlad and didn't go down until the last round, how do you figure his chin can't take Haye's shots, when has Chambers shown a weak chin?

Haye has dominated at HW Barrett and Ruiz who were both waaaay outside of the top 10, how can you compare that to dominating Chambers?

Saying that Chambers would just try to survive when he feels Haye's power is just your assumption, and is based on what exactly? Haye is not going to frustrate Chambers like Wlad did, since Chambers was getting hit all the time, while being unable to hit Wlad. You really think Haye could avoid being hit like Wlad did, considering how Ruiz hit him?
                Ruiz hit him, but it was not a lot. Haye expected not to get hit at all. That was his disapointment.

Maybe Ruiz won 1 round, but it was close if that.

Chambers has a decent chin yes, but he's lost to potvekin already, let's not forget and he has beaten some guys who are slow.

Haye has speed, and angles, and combinations. I can't see Chambers beating him.

I'm not comparing Chambers to Ruiz or Barrett, but Chambers is no Killer. He's got speed and skill, but he's small and has no power.

Haye dropped Barrett and Ruiz quite a lot fo times. He has the power to do that to Chambers, sicne the shots that you doin't see hurt more.

Chambers is smaller than Haye and I am pretty sure Haye will come out offensive,

Comment

I don't know why people are still complaining about Haye choosing to fight Valuev, he chose the path that made the most business sense, now he is in a good position to negotiate with Wlad. Wlad and Haye are negotiating lets just wait and see what happens this time.

Comment

Respect is a key word to use with arreola. If he respected the sport he would come into the ring in the best shape possible, the guy has skills, its his discipline with the weight that hurts him.

Comment

Ruiz hit him, but it was not a lot. Haye expected not to get hit at all. That was his disapointment.

Maybe Ruiz won 1 round, but it was close if that.

Chambers has a decent chin yes, but he's lost to potvekin already, let's not forget and he has beaten some guys who are slow.

Haye has speed, and angles, and combinations. I can't see Chambers beating him.

I'm not comparing Chambers to Ruiz or Barrett, but Chambers is no Killer. He's got speed and skill, but he's small and has no power.

Haye dropped Barrett and Ruiz quite a lot fo times. He has the power to do that to Chambers, sicne the shots that you doin't see hurt more.

Chambers is smaller than Haye and I am pretty sure Haye will come out offensive,
                      It was a lot for what a supposed threat to the Klitschkos should be able to do in the ring.

Yes, Chambers has lost to Povetkin, but Povetkin is a top fighter too, and it was not like Povetkin blew him out of the water, it was close. When has Chambers been in trouble of being KOed apart from the fight with Wlad?

Yes, Chambers is no killer, I don't think he would KO Haye. I believe he would however, outpoint him to a decision.

Haye dropped Barrett as was expected, that's nothing to write home about. Against Ruiz at least two of the KDs were to clear rabbit punches, so, he didn't KD Ruiz a lot of times if you only count legit KDs. And again, Chambers>>>Ruiz and Barrett.

Yes, Haye would come out offensive, didn't he come out offensive against Ruiz too?

Comment

Working...
                      X