No announcement yet.

Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    Yeah, pretty good technical fighter and what he did was impressive, giving away about 20 pounds to a legit cruiserweight, still think the top guys at 175 and cruiserweight would beat him though.

Definitely, one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Moore was knocked out and came back to win.
    Yeah thats where European technical ability can work against you, its predictable and methodical, it can make you very conventional and easier to read.

My own style was always based on good balance & fluid movement like Muhammad Ali & Terry Norris for the balance. I fight/fought more like a typical American fighter, lots of upperbodymovement and fluidity.

Comment

Renaldo Snipes vs Trevor Berbick was an excellent heavyweight fight a must for any heavyweight fight fan. Also Mormeck vs Bell 1 has to be watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        Yeah thats where European technical ability can work against you, its predictable and methodical, it can make you very conventional and easier to read.

My own style was always based on good balance & fluid movement like Muhammad Ali & Terry Norris for the balance. I fight/fought more like a typical American fighter, lots of upperbodymovement and fluidity.
        True true, I've always held the belief that a top class American fighter would normally beat a top class European boxer just because the American style is not nearly as predictable and one dimensional as the European boxing style.

I always thought of myself as a sharpshooter, two or three punches then step around on the outside, head movement and stuff like that. Didn't really like to fight on the inside because I have relatively long arms but if I could if I was forced.

Comment

True true, I've always held the belief that a top class American fighter would normally beat a top class European boxer just because the American style is not nearly as predictable and one dimensional as the European boxing style.

I always thought of myself as a sharpshooter, two or three punches then step around on the outside, head movement and stuff like that. Didn't really like to fight on the inside because I have relatively long arms but if I could if I was forced.
          I hear ya.

I watched Kessler vs Ward on a live stream, which is as you know is never the same as watching it in DVD format. I downloaded it in DVD format and watched it back earlier. What stuck out to me the most despite the obvious speed disparity between the two was that Ward seemed not to be able miss Kessler in this fight. If Ward would overshoot his punches he would still land by following up because Kessler goes straight back in a line and stands to tall. If you watch what combination's that where most effective for Ward they were when he would throw a jab and a right hand then when/if he fell short with the right hand he would not pull out he would follow that up with an upjab that would catch Kessler on the tail end because he always pulls out straight and on the line. This happened repeatedly. I knew Kessler pulled back in straight lines but i was not aware that Ward would make it play into his advantages so much in this type of way.

Comment

I hear ya.

I watched Kessler vs Ward on a live stream, which is as you know is never the same as watching it in DVD format. I downloaded it in DVD format and watched it back earlier. What stuck out to me the most despite the obvious speed disparity between the two was that Ward seemed not to be able miss Kessler in this fight. If Ward would overshoot his punches he would still land by following up because Kessler goes straight back in a line and stands to tall. If you watch what combination's that where most effective for Ward they were when he would throw a jab and a right hand then when/if he fell short with the right hand he would not pull out he would follow that up with an upjab that would catch Kessler on the tail end because he always pulls out straight and on the line. This happened repeatedly. I knew Kessler pulled back in straight lines but i was not aware that Ward would make it play into his advantages so much in this type of way.
            Yeah I noticed that too, Ward would perhaps miss with his first 2 punches but the third would land when Kessler was trying to step away, good stuff from him. He'd then either smother Kessler or get out of the way of anything coming back by moving out of range, overall he showed some really good maturity in that fight apart from 1 round later in the fight where he got a little crazy but even then Kessler couldn't take advantage which surprised me.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too, Ward would perhaps miss with his first 2 punches but the third would land when Kessler was trying to step away, good stuff from him. He'd then either smother Kessler or get out of the way of anything coming back by moving out of range, overall he showed some really good maturity in that fight apart from 1 round later in the fight where he got a little crazy but even then Kessler couldn't take advantage which surprised me.
              Yep thats exactly what happened. You dont miss much do you Silencers

Comment

Yep thats exactly what happened. You dont miss much do you Silencers
                I try my best to look out for things, you're pretty sharp yourself.

Comment

I try my best to look out for things, you're pretty sharp yourself.
                  .............Cheers.

Comment

Did you see these fights yet Silencers ? if not makes sure you do.

Rico Ramos vs Alejandro Perez
                    Martin Honorio vs John Molina

Comment

Castillo vs mayweather twice
                      bowe vs holyfield series
                      barrera vs morales
                      corralos vs castillo 1
                      mayweather vs corley
                      whitaker vs de la hoya
                      lewis vs v.klicksko
                      hopkins vs jones 1
                      gatti vs ward 2