Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects that fought this weekend (David Lemieux, Gary Russel Jr.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospects that fought this weekend (David Lemieux, Gary Russel Jr.)

David Lemieux - This guy must have concrete in his hands the way he is pummeling people. I know Camacho Jr. and Elvin Ayala aren't the best fighters ever but Ayala went 12 rounds before being KO'd against Arthur Abraham, and Camacho has only been stopped once in 50 something fights. Lemieux didn't just stop Camacho he bodybag'd him.

Lemieux has obviously got the power from what little I've seen it does seem like he has decent boxing skills too. The big question will be how he deals with a guy who has good movement (which Camacho was supposed to have but he got wobbled to early.) I like the way his management is moving his career along though, they aren't throwing him in against the top guys to early, but he is fighting some guys with noticeable names and getting rid of them early. It looks like he is getting a big following in Montreal also. In my eyes Lemieux looks like the real deal.

Gary Russel Jr. - I didn't get to see his whole fight but from what I saw he looks better then when I last saw him. He has unreal speed and apparently some strength although I think it wont really carry with him when he fights the top dogs. Russell's got a strange style though. I know its based off how fast he is but it just seems a little sloppy.

I was reading Dan Rafael's scorecard and he said he wouldn't be surprised to be seeing Russel fighting for a championship as soon as next year. Exciting stuff, I hope this guy does well.

David Lemieux hits so hard because he throws punches how they are supposed to be thrown with all your weight put into perfectly angle punches. Check out his technique is slow mo, he is the truth and the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
      David Lemieux hits so hard because he throws punches how they are supposed to be thrown with all your weight put into perfectly angle punches. Check out his technique is slow mo, he is the truth and the future.
      I would definetly like to see more of him in the future. Hopefully he will be on plenty of the FNF next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        I would definetly like to see more of him in the future. Hopefully he will be on plenty of the FNF next season.
        yea i hope so too. I actually get excited when i hear this kid is fighting now

Comment

Lemieux obviously looked great. As for Russel I thought he was so so. Not amazing but he showed signs that he is improving and has a good future. I'm not sure if I'm blown away by either fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Lemieux obviously looked great. As for Russel I thought he was so so. Not amazing but he showed signs that he is improving and has a good future. I'm not sure if I'm blown away by either fighter though.
            I agree Russell is fast but other then that I'm not really sold. But, I'll keep checking out his fights to see how he is coming along.

As for Lemieux though he blew me away. That kind of one punch power is crazy. I mean I'm not saying he is going to be the greatest, but he will be an exciting fighter for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
              fyi his trainer Russ Anber is real respected and well known in Canada and he made a boxing instructional video, the pupil of his in the video was Lemieux when he was about 13 years old. Iv seen clips of it before, the full thing is probably around somewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X