No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Shoots Down Canelo-Pacquiao Rumor, Jabs Canelo-Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    For Canelo to vacate his title & take all of the flack that he has for ducking Golovkin @ 160 this year, only to face him next year @ 160 makes no sense.
    He will just say the extra year helped him grow into the middleweight division...
    They say he already agreed to 160 for next fall...I'm skeptical it ever happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      March 31, 2016:

Bob Arum: Manny Pacquiao would be willing to fight Canelo Alvarez

"There's plenty of guys. I've got a future big star in the making in (Terence) Crawford. I'd like to put Crawford in, but I know that Crawford and Bradley have a true friendship, and I don't think either one would want to do that fight. But if Manny wins, he could fight Crawford, that would be good.

"But if Manny wins, you know, Manny is the kinda guy that doesn't care about how much more an opponent weighs. So Manny would be happy to go in, say, with Canelo, if Canelo beat (Amir) Khan. That would be a really good fight. But again, he's got to win this fight, and then decide if he's going to retire or not retire. But if I sort of think if he wins this fight, if he looks good, if he's throwing those great right-handed punches, I don't think he's gonna retire. But that's not based on any knowledge."

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/3/31...canelo-alvarez

May 11, 2016:

Roach Wants Canelo: I Think Manny Pacquiao Can Beat Him
      By Radio Rahim

Freddie Roach, who trains eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38KOs), is confident his boxer has what it takes to defeat WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs).

Roach was ringside last Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and watched Canelo retain his world title with a sixth round knockout of Amir Khan. Roach had trained Khan in the past for several years.

Canelo is now ordered to make a mandatory defense against Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin - but there is no guarantee the two sides will reach an agreement.

Roach says Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, offered them a fight with Canelo.

The veteran trainer did not refuse the fight. Canelo tends to fight at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. The weight may not be an issue, but Roach will demand that a rehydration clause is in place for Canelo.

Pacquiao has now become a senator back home in the Philippines and it appears that he might never fight again.

Roach plans to have a long conversation with Pacquiao regarding the possibility of facing Canelo.

"If someone can go out there and outbox him and stay disciplined, they would be okay. I was offered the fight from Bob Arum, for Manny Pacquiao, and I didn't say no - because the thing about Pacquiao fighting him, and maybe not being strong enough, is being smart enough to fight him for twelve rounds. And I think Pacquiao can pull that off," Roach detailed to BoxingScene.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-wan...int_friendly=1
      That was just them trying to milk Manny praying he didnt retire

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        That was just them trying to milk Manny praying he didnt retire
        It's ironic that the article is titled "Arum Shoots Down Canelo-Pacquiao Rumor..." yet it was Arum and Freddie who started the rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          It's ironic that the article is titled "Arum Shoots Down Canelo-Pacquiao Rumor..." yet it was Arum and Freddie who started the rumor.
          true..lol..true

Comment

pac is retired for good. he made promise to his family to stay retired and now he is doing big things in politics in his country. people need to accept manny is retired. he is not like floyd who says he's retired but comes back over and over again. manny's promise is true.

Comment

Working...
            X