Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky punch or planned it all along by rd 8?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm so it was an "unlucky punch?"....

as jmm planned, trained and tried to ko pac, the same thing could equally be said of pac....that was why jmm's nose was busted badly

saying one fighter got lucky is not to diminish the value of a win.....

to say a fighter was not "lucky" with a win is to say a fighter is not unlucky with a loss..

no matter how good one is, how hard one trained and fight...the element of luck is always there...no matter who the protagonists are....after all..boxing is still a game...

a game of chances....of opportunities...to hit or to be hit

and as the saying goes...to play games is to play with luck

It was a well calculated counter punch,,,, JMM knew what manny does when manny is on the attack,,,, manny walked or fell into it,, got put to sleep,,,

I wont call it a lucky punch,, its not like jmm hadnt been in that situation with manny like 50 times before,,,,

but either way, if you wanna call it a lucky punch, then go ahead,, i can see people saying that,,, its a fair opinion of what happened,,,

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      if he was trying to land it smartly that's a different thing

he was using it as a reaction to anything and everything pacquiao brought to him, he was desperate, and 90% of the time he was missing it

unless he anticipated the double fient long before it even happened and planned the footstomp, it was luck, he was winging to everything while pacquiao mixed up his offense, until pacquiao finally gave marquez the perfect variation for his overhand, marquez probabley didn't even know what pacquiao was coming in to do, he was just doing what he has been doing since being kd'd, winging it

and would it have even landed if not for pacquiao's front leg being directly underneath him? if the foot stomp didn't happen pacquiao likely would have pushed off his front foot and leaned away from the punch, or changed directions as he often does

fluky ko, with impeccable timing got him an awesome foot stomp
      It doesn't matter if he was trying smartly or trying in a dumb manner, what matters is he was trying to land the punch and if that punch lands and happens to knock out his opponent that doesn't make it lucky.

Comment

He was lucky that pac got over confident & became wreckless.

If pac stays calm he never gets caught with that shot.

Or else why do you think he didn't get knocked out in the previous 3 encounters.

Marquez was on his way to getting stopped, hardly calculating behavior.

Comment

No it was not a lucky punch

Here is what happened, people can believe it or not, manny was beating marquez up bad, he was landing with ease and was really damaging marquez up, manny sensed the knockout was close which it was, manny then lunged in for big hits and got caught

I would say the only thing unlucky ws the way manny reacted to it, as others hve said, marquez landed that punch all night long, he also landed it in previous fights which did little to pac, it was just this time pac got put to sleep, i would say in that fight, in my opinion, if it was replayed 9 times out of 10 manny would beat marquez out, the other 1 time marquez would win which is what happened

marquez is also making a smart move in refusing to give manny a rematch, he knows he stands little chance in winning a rematch imo I do feel kind of bad for manny, he gave marquez chance after chance at redemption, shame marquez does not return the favour

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post
            He was lucky that pac got over confident & became wreckless.

If pac stays calm he never gets caught with that shot.

Or else why do you think he didn't get knocked out in the previous 3 encounters.

Marquez was on his way to getting stopped, hardly calculating behavior.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this folks in a nut shell

Comment

Working...
            X