No announcement yet.

Dana: GSP wants Nick next..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana: GSP wants Nick next..

At UFC 154, champion Georges St-Pierre came off more than a year's layoff to sucessfully defended his welterweight title against Carlos Condit in a five round decision. Throughougt the lead up to the fight much speculation was made as to what might be next for GSP should he be able to defeat Condit, including a potential superfight with Anderson Silva.

The Silva fight seemed to be what most people wanted, including the UFC, but it's not the bout that St-Pierre wanted, who this week was rumored to want a bout with a number one contender in his own divsion, perhaps Johnny Hendricks. Today, Ariel Helwani tweeted that he spoke to UFC President Dana White and that St-Pierre has now requested a bout with Nick Diaz, who was originally slated to fight St-Pierre until he was suspended for testing postive for marijuna. The full tweet from Helwani:

Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.

Dana said that GSP doesn't ask for much, so he feels like he has to do it. Silva and Hendricks will have to wait.

Dana hasn't told Nick yet, but he is here. ... What did I tell you, my friends?
    http://www.twitter.com/ArielHelwani

Hopefully it finally happens.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post

I'll save my excitement for when it happens.

Comment

I feel bad for Johny, but I'll be happy if this fight actually happens. I'm realistic, I know GSP is going to take Nick down and control him, but I don't think he'll have as easy of a time passing Nick's guard. Nick could catch GSP in a submission. I'm team 209 all the way though. WAR DIAZ!

Comment

War Diaz, Condit gave George hell in their fight I expect Diaz to do even better and probably pull off a submisson..

Comment

thats funny but it applies more to Silva vs GSP if anything.

Diaz has only fought once in the UFC so far.

and yes his first fight suppose to be against GSP but he screwed that chance up by himself.

anyways. even though I don't think Diaz deserves the shot right now especially since Hendricks has earned it and Diaz is coming off a loss... I still can't wait for this fight. Hope it happens soon. Will be a very interesting fight with GSP's wrestling and Diaz's BJJ.
            Last edited by -Swizzy-; 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              thats funny but it applies more to Silva vs GSP if anything.

Diaz has only fought once in the UFC so far.

and yes his first fight suppose to be against GSP but he screwed that chance up by himself.

anyways. even though I don't think Diaz deserves the shot right now especially since Hendricks has earned it and Diaz is coming off a loss... I still can't wait for this fight. Hope it happens soon. Will be a very interesting fight with GSP's wrestling and Diaz's BJJ.
              Nick has fought various times in the UFC

Comment

I feel bad for Johny, but I'll be happy if this fight actually happens. I'm realistic, I know GSP is going to take Nick down and control him, but I don't think he'll have as easy of a time passing Nick's guard. Nick could catch GSP in a submission. I'm team 209 all the way though. WAR DIAZ!
                What's 209? An area code?

Comment

Damn I think Diaz would give GSP fits until the lay and pray shows up

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    What's 209? An area code?
                    yes.............

Comment

Working...
                    X