Collapse
No announcement yet.

Espn Poll on Clottey/pacroid:fight will flop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100+ million viewers will be watching this fight from all around the World. Millions more in the USA will tune in to see the Pacman in action. Don't believe in meaningless polls. They are misleading. JAT

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
      I'll just watch the fight week later after it airs on HBO... Hopefully I dont fall asleep through it
      Care to name the Pacquiao fights that were boring?

If people can't appreciate this fight... **** 'em. They ain't boxing fans.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Foodie One View Post
        100+ million viewers will be watching this fight from all around the World. Millions more in the USA will tune in to see the Pacman in action. Don't believe in meaningless polls. They are misleading. JAT

So you think Pac/Clottey does at least 2M buys?

Comment

I'll be watching the fight so.........

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
            ESPN Poll: 76% of respondents won’t be watching Pacquiao-Clottey – News

By Sean McDaniel: If the ESPN poll is any guide in which the respondents were asked if they would watch the Pacquiao-Clottey bout shown at the Dallas Cowboy stadium, there could be a general disinterest in the upcoming March 13th bout between WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey at the Dallas Cowboy stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Of 37,000 respondents that have taken part in the poll, 76% of them have voted that they won’t be watching the Pacquiao-Clottey fight. Of course, this is a boxing site that hardcore fans go to more than casual ones.

However, it’s not a good sign when you have that many people showing little interest in wanting to see the replacement fight for the Mayweather-Pacquiao bout. Boxing fans were hoping to see the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on March 13th, but the fight fell apart after Pacquiao and Mayweather couldn’t agree on the blood testing for the fight.

Top Rank, who will be promoting the Pacquiao-Clottey fight, still hasn’t started their promotion of the fight yet. There isn’t much time to promote the fight, but with a strong surge, it’s possible they could drum up interest in the fight with the casual fans if they can make Clottey look good somehow.

They could have to focus on showing bits and parts of his career, and stay away from his disappointing losses to Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito. The problem here is that Clottey isn’t well known among boxing fans, aside from the hardcore fans. He’s not a real flashy fighter either, so it’s going to take some selling to get people to want to fork over big money to watch this on pay-per-view.

As of now, there’s no word which cable network will be showing the fight. HBO would be a big help in selling the Pacquiao-Clottey fight if they can put together one of their 24/7 series for the fight. It’s a little different in this case from their usual 24/7 series, which typically has two big stars facing each other. In this case, it would be one big star – Pacquiao – against an opponent that boxing fans would have scant knowledge of.

That could be good or bad. If HBO or Top Rank can make Clottey look like a monster, instead of a defensive fighter who recently was beaten by Miguel Cotto, it could drumming up interest among fans. It would be a huge disappointment if the Pacquiao-Clottey fight fails to make 900,000 pay-per view buys.

Personally, I’m a big fan of Pacquiao, but even I have a hard time stomaching this fight. Clottey wasn’t the kind of opponent that I was expecting as a replacement for Mayweather, and depending on how much the fight goes for on pay-per-view, I might not watch it. If it’s $49.95 or more, I’ll save my money on other things. I’d like to see it, but just because I want to see Pacquiao fight.

I don’t see the fight as a competitive match, which is why I’m not all that excited about it. I’m sure that Top Rank and/or HBO will do a good job of convincing the casual fans that this will be a competitive fight. However, since I know boxing well, and see this as a mismatch, the PPV price will have to be reasonable for me to want to throw down my money on this.
            naw I wont buy it either, Clottey will make it a war but not worth the money.
            Maybe 24/7 will convince me.

**** Ill still end up buying it lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BULLIT View Post
              naw I wont buy it either, Clottey will make it a war but not worth the money.
              Maybe 24/7 will convince me.

**** Ill still end up buying it lmao
              This is usually my case, I'll say I won't till like 20 minutes before the card starts then break down and buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                your very right about mayweather- mosley to bad pbf will never let that fight happen!!!
                It will happen... Although from the moment it's signed people will start singing the Mosley is old song, as if they never requested the fight. After it happens and Mayweather naturally wins (on skill and talent like 40 times before) people will add to the Mosley is old song the song about how Mayweather cherrypicked Mosley as if they never requested the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
                  No trust me, you give a ****. It's just that you only give a **** when it favors your fighters.
                  No honestly I do not care at all. If Im not seeing any money on a fight Im not interested in the financial side. I have no fighters I enjoy lots of fighters, but I only root for who I have money on. I can separate enjoying a fighter in the ring and being obsessed with everything he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
                    So you think Pac/Clottey does at least 2M buys?
                    There are many fans who will be in groups watching this fight. From homes to bars and restaurants, people will assemble to view the Pacman in action. Don't go by all this PPV buys to establish what the viewership will be. You have to understand that people like you won't be watching this fight all alone by yourself. People obviously want to save money and pool to see this fight. Am I correct? Yes or No?

Comment

Worded badly and does not consider PPV from around the world, Clottey originally from Ghana and Pacman Filo so the PPV from those two countries alone would/should be over 2m. Just cos it doesnt get a US response doesnt mean that it will be a flop overall.

This fight will make lots of cash for both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X