Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd, I got ps3 media server to work but it streams poorly with MKV 1080p files....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd, I got ps3 media server to work but it streams poorly with MKV 1080p files....

That or its because I'm streaming off an external harddrive! Or should I convert the mkv file to something else or is it because I'm streaming from an external harddrive?

This is the first time I've ever used Ps3 media server. It seems that while some videos stream perfectly, others do not...

Wow, I think its because my internet connection only goes about 4mbps... This sucks! I'm stupid, I didn't know it was literally streaming as in downloading a huge file while streaming! Thats lame, that means I can't stream 1080p videos seeing how they are like 12 megs per second... No wonder why it gets choppy as hell at times.

Wow, this ps3 media server is crap. How many people pay for 50mbps connections anyways... ****, I'm still on an internet connection that only does 4mbps... 4mbps is fast for downloading normal stuff, but for streaming bluray on ps3 its just a pain in the ass because of the pausing!

Comment

Core Avc Google it

Comment

yea when u try n stream 1080p videos from pc to ps3 from media server it will lag and be choppy if u dont got a crazy fast internet connection.

Comment

Nah, I dont think its about the internet speed because I can stream to the ps3 with my modem off. It really depends on your processor and network adapter or switch i got a gbit network adapter and switch with a Phenom 8750 x3 it plays flawlessly. You might wanna try a different transcoder like Avisynth/Mencoder

Comment

I had some trouble getting my laptop to play high quality (6+GB) files so I converted them to avi and then transferred them to the PS3 with a memory stick and they played fine.

I know it's probably annoying to sort out but that might be your best option.

Comment

use MKV2vob to transfer files to your external hd, i havent had any problems using this program.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                That or its because I'm streaming off an external harddrive! Or should I convert the mkv file to something else or is it because I'm streaming from an external harddrive?

This is the first time I've ever used Ps3 media server. It seems that while some videos stream perfectly, others do not...
                your ps3 is connected to your network wirelessly.

id say connect your ps3 to your network via actual network cable and your problems should be resolved.

Comment

Working...
                X