Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Lopez Falls Through on Weight: Maidana Steps In?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan should just a fight a top rated junior welterweight. Khan and Maytthysse should fight and the winner should fight the winner of Garcia vs Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Humberto Soto would be a good fight for Khan.
      I agree. At this point in his career it would definitely be a good fight. Khan isn't ready yet to face any top jww. Soto has no meaningful wins above 135 and I never thought he was a top jww, but he's durable and probably can take Khan 12 rounds. The question remains is Khan is damaged goods, and I think he probably is but this is the kind of fight that will answer a lot of question. His fight against Molina wasn't that kind of fight.

Comment

Smart move on behalf of Khans team because Lopez/Khan has bad news written all over it for khan.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
          Man.. Lopez can't come down to 140 anymore? All of his fights before he whipped Ortiz were down at that weight or below. I don't see why he would have a problem going back down, especially for another high profile fight like Khan
          It might be because Josesito is 5'10"-11", probably walks around at anywhere from 170-180 pounds, and struggled to make 140 before moving up to 147. He probably has been weightlifting in his last 2 training camps, which makes it increasingly more difficult to get to a weight that he struggled getting to before gaining muscle.

Khan dodged a bullet by having these negotiations fall apart. Lopez is too strong for Khan, he would've bullied Khan ala L Peterson except he's taller and has a better chin.

Comment

Be it Lopez, Soto or Maidana, all three fights would be a great matchup. I see Lopez giving Khan the most trouble. The Soto fight would be good from a technical standpoint but has a high probability of turning into a real snoozer. Virgil Hunter is unreal and just needs to keep Amir's ego in check.
            As for Maidana-Lopez, doesn't anyone want to see Marcos take on somebody who's not just a brawler? He's made huge progress with Garcia and can now box as well as brawl, which was evident in the Soto-Karass fight...he has developed quite the jab when he wants to throw it. Looked like sh&* against Alexander but i think that was due to his moving up in weight as opposed to Devon's skills. I'd be more interested in Khan-Maidana II....a win for either fighter would make a huge statement in regards to their growth. Either way Khan needs to start fighting big punchers again, his vulnerable chin could be an asset in marketing those fights...I know the Brits love it, some hold their breath every time he takes a solid shot to the head.
            Last edited by WeltshmerzKO; 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poloro87 View Post
              Khan should just a fight a top rated junior welterweight. Khan and Maytthysse should fight and the winner should fight the winner of Garcia vs Judah.
              Khan Matthysse would be good, a lot of solid options for his second rebirth (or third if you count Peterson). Lets just hope he doesn't pull another Molina out of the lower ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Poloro87 View Post
                Yeah, he should just throw his career away by fighting Maytthysse...

What's wrong with some people? The guy has only just switched trainers. Its going to be at least 3-4 fights before we see any real change in Khan's style/tactics. He needs to be matched carefully, taking a step up each time; not chasing a world title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Yeah, he should just throw his career away by fighting Maytthysse...

What's wrong with some people? The guy has only just switched trainers. Its going to be at least 3-4 fights before we see any real change in Khan's style/tactics. He needs to be matched carefully, taking a step up each time; not chasing a world title fight.
                  It seems like Hunter feels like he's ready for a rematch against Garcia without any more tune-ups. Khan is gunning for another title shot, and I think he'll get it before Matthysse, without having to go through him.

Comment

Thought Lopez was going back to 40

Cool match up with Maidana nevertheless

Not too much to say on Khan-Soto

Comment

Khan needs to pick a weight, and stay there. No doubt, had he beaten Peterson, he would've moved up to WW, and there would've been no need for a failed rematch, or a Garcia fight.

Now that he has lost two fights in a row, he recently fought a midget, and has become twice as annoying as he once was.

If he really wants to fight these guys (Sedchenko, Lopez, etc), then he needs to fight them at WW and come in at a weight that HE's comfortable with.

Dude cant even beat B-level fighters in his division, so he tries to make guys suck down in weight for a paycheck? Nice work Amir...nice work.

Comment

Working...
                      X