No announcement yet.

Groves vs Johnson RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Absolutely, Martinez will steamroll any of these guys, but he's on a level of his own at the weight class so...

Macklin brings big pressure, hits hard, takes a good shot...hard to imagine Saunders coping with him.
    I just really want the top British 3 to fight each other. Potential FOTY contentions all of them - throw Andy Lee in there too.

Bit annoyed Martinez keeps fighting them, lol.

He's clearly a level above but those guys are all very good fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      showing clips from 2004, give me a break
      exactly what I was thinking. that fight has no relevance now.

then again I don't expect anything to be done correctly when Frank Warren is involved.

Comment

• it'll end on a stoppage, Johnson is way way past it

Comment

it'll end on a stoppage, Johnson is way way past it
          Just can't see this.

Did Johnson look that bad in his last fight?

Froch couldn't put the slightest dent in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Lol the jocks are just as bad, making out ricky burns is a great champion
            I actually can't remember Ricky Burns been drawn on comparison with some of the all time greats of boxing?
            Care to prove that, Burns is one of the most humblest blokes about and done it the hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              exactly what I was thinking. that fight has no relevance now.

then again I don't expect anything to be done correctly when Frank Warren is involved.
              lo sadly they have to make it seem that Johnson is in with a shot

Groves takes this with ease,

Comment

it'll end on a stoppage, Johnson is way way past it
                I just hope it isn't a premature stoppage.

Johnson (who imo should be retired anyway) wouldn't deserve something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I just really want the top British 3 to fight each other. Potential FOTY contentions all of them - throw Andy Lee in there too.

Bit annoyed Martinez keeps fighting them, lol.

He's clearly a level above but those guys are all very good fighters.
                  They would indeed be high quality scraps, all of them look to be at very similar levels, very different styles though - I think Barker-Murray would be a snoozer, but the rest would be good match-up's.

They all want Sergio for the money it seems, knowing the loss to him wouldn't hurt them too much in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

• Saunders is still young and Blackwell is better than people think. I think it was a great fight and Saunders will be fighting good opposition next year.

Comment

• they should make Groves vs A.Abraham after this fight..both winning by KO tonight..should be a good scrap..if Sauerland aren't too afraid...

Comment

Working...
                      X