No announcement yet.

Hardest punch that didn't KO someone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest punch that didn't KO someone

Pound for pound is welcome as well but these punches come to mind right away

Ali vs Frazier

Shavers vs Holmes

http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-12-2015/xqMJ58.gif

That left hook. No gloves, not protected. Monster chin that moment

Comment

People who have been involved in the sport for a long time - writers, trainers et al. - generally never hesitate when picking THE punch …

It’s Shavers against Holmes.
      Legends456 Legends456 likes this.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I immidiately thought of Holmes vs Shavers and to a little lesser degree of Holmes vs Snipes. That being said, I never thought of the hook Frazier put Ali down with. Maybe because the guy that took the punch didn't win the fight. However when I think about it, it is so impressive how Ali got up from that explosive and perfectly timed hook. Ali was up very quickly even and that was in round 15!!

So maybe it should rightfully be Ali taking home the bacon in this thread.

Comment

The punches that super human punching machine Edwin Rosario landed on JC Chavez with full leverage while putting all his body into them were literally deadly(to the average man, probably even a lot of pros) and Chavez was never the same. A newspaper or magazine account of Chavez' next fight vs Nico perez stated that Chavez was wobbled at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            People who have been involved in the sport for a long time - writers, trainers et al. - generally never hesitate when picking THE punch …

It’s Shavers against Holmes.
            Rosario landed 100 of those vs JC Chavez while putting more of his body into them from much closer range. He ended Chavez prime in one night.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              When I saw the thread title, I immidiately thought of Holmes vs Shavers and to a little lesser degree of Holmes vs Snipes. That being said, I never thought of the hook Frazier put Ali down with. Maybe because the guy that took the punch didn't win the fight. However when I think about it, it is so impressive how Ali got up from that explosive and perfectly timed hook. Ali was up very quickly even and that was in round 15!!

So maybe it should rightfully be Ali taking home the bacon in this thread.
              Ali saw it coming and rolled with that hook.

Comment

Can't believe Vitali didn't go down

And Ribalta... looks lethal but he got up

Comment

Holmes vs Shavers is crazy, the punch was so hard, that Holmes said that the punch actually help him to wake up and continue in the fight.
                  I will add the knockdown of Khan over Maidana, if you ever took a hook to the liver, you know what i'm talking about.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X