Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson or Stevie Wonder. Who has better music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Jeez, this is a great song.

But you are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though we're far apart
    You're always in my heart
    Solid lyrics right there, mate. The guy was a poet, yo.

Comment

I dare somebody to say MJ is better to ukbox' face...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        I guess what it shows is that a lot of these kids are just young 'uns who don't explore musical history.

They were growing up when Michael was at his prime - nut deep in a kindergarten. What was Stevie doing then? Duets with Paul McCartney and "I Just Called To Say I Love You".

If I were a young kid who'd only heard contemporary music for my entire life, it'd be logical, I guess, to think Stevie was the weaker artist.
        Do you prefer the music of Stevie Wonder or The Temptations?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          I dare somebody to say MJ is better to ukbox' face...

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Do you prefer the music of Stevie Wonder or The Temptations?
          I guess the entire problem with this discussion is that it's very "apples and oranges". I like MJ's music okay, but it's just "pop" to me, he's not an "artist". I don't regard the Temptations (non-musicians, didn't, I believe, write their songs) as artists, either. I was going to add that they didn't do songs about stuff, too, but someone will make me look a **** by posting the video to Ball of Confusion if I say that.

Just like people are saying MJ is better because "that blind **** couldn't dance, doe", the reverse applies.

Here's what he had to say to Richard Nixon:

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

I guess the entire problem with this discussion is that it's very "apples and oranges". I like MJ's music okay, but it's just "pop" to me, he's not an "artist". I don't regard the Temptations (non-musicians, didn't, I believe, write their songs) as artists, either. I was going to add that they didn't do songs about stuff, too, but someone will make me look a **** by posting the video to Ball of Confusion if I say that.

Just like people are saying MJ is better because "that blind **** couldn't dance, doe", the reverse applies.

Here's what he had to say to Richard Nixon:

So what is important to you is that they play instruments, write their own songs, and have some stuff to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              So what is important to you is that they play instruments, write their own songs, and have some stuff to say.
              To a point, yeah... I mean, Jackie Wilson and Marvin Gaye never (AFAIA) played instruments. But I do like it when they write their own stuff. It's the difference between an artist and a performer. (Obviously Jackson wrote his own stuff too).

Comment

The real question is who would win a fight.

Stevie's head movement would give MJ problems in the early rounds.

Ultimately, i think the fact that Stevie is blind would be the deciding factor.

MJ by SD.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                    The real question is who would win a fight.

Ultimately, i think the fact that Stevie is blind would be the deciding factor.

MJ by SD.
                    holy ****

Comment

Working...
                    X