No announcement yet.

Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg: Frampton explains Quigg tussle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg: Frampton explains Quigg tussle

Carl Frampton tangled with Scott Quigg at their final press conference and was unhappy with Eddie Hearn's intervention.

With Saturday's world super-bantamweight unification clash in Manchester nearing, IBF champion Frampton and WBA holder Quigg clashed during their face-off; the Northerncali88 Irishman appearing to grab the home fighter by his clothing after shoves were exchanged.

Close on-hand were Frampton's manager Barry McGuigan and Quigg's promoter Hearn, who Frampton felt involved himself too much.

Frampton told Sky Sports: "We were staring at each other for quite a while and he didn't want to look away first. I said I'd look away. I tapped him on the shoulder and he grabbed me. I gripped him back. It was handbags really.

"The big guy Eddie tried to get involved and act Jack the Lad. I didn't like it. Big man, the size of him but he quickly backed off.

"We hold our ground. It's the same situation with the dressing room. I'm in it or nobody's in it. Just imagineu99bet these guys pulling their hair out. What they're doing's not working. It's going to be good tomorrow [Friday]."

Hearn responded to the accusation by saying: "I put my hands on both fighters to stop them having a fight and calling the whole thing off now. Carl called me a 'lanky something'. 'Lanky' I'm pleased with!"

The press conference centred primarily around a row over the priority dressing room at the Manchester Arena, and Frampton insists he will not allow Quigg to enjoy familiar surroundings before the fight.

Frampton said: "He wants that changing room so much. It's a sign of weakness. If he backs himself, it doesn't matter what changing room he has. It's all playing into our hands. These guys are losing the plot here.

"It's principle here. It's all part of the game. It's clearly working beacuse they're losing the plot. Either I'm in thekqbd dressing room or nobody is in that dressing room. We will lock the door and both go in to different dressing rooms."

Frampton was also quick to dispel rumours he is struggling to make the super-bantamweight limit of 122lbs, adding: "I'll chill out for the rest of today, go for a couple of walks. A lot of issuesw88bet have been made over my weight but the board came in and I was fine. I needed to have everything perfect."

You can catch all the action from Friday's weigh-in live on Sky Sports or on our live blog on skysports.com.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-29-2016, 06:12 AM.
Working...
X