Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All time greats who epitomized the saying 1 great fight left in him: Toney vs Jirov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    agreed...some people thought Toney would get hurt in this fight....Jirov was prime undefeated and running through guys.

Toney was old, 34, and hadn't won a high profile since the 90s
    Good post. Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
      Good post. Green K sent.
      thanks bro....im thinking about posting threads like this once a day....just to appreciate the past greats

I did a Hector Camacho Appreciation thread but no one really showed any love

Comment

thanks bro....im thinking about posting threads like this once a day....just to appreciate the past greats

I did a Hector Camacho Appreciation thread but no one really showed any love
        That's ****ed up

Comment

Wouldn't call it his last great performance. He was Fighter of the Year that year and his win over Holyfield sealed it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Wouldn't call it his last great performance. He was Fighter of the Year that year and his win over Holyfield sealed it.
            Holy field was not an elite heavy by that point

Jirov was a prime undefeated former Olympian

The jirov fight was more impressive

Comment

Holy field was not an elite heavy by that point

Jirov was a prime undefeated former Olympian

The jirov fight was more impressive
              Agreed, it was definitely more impressive. But he didn't fall off after. Toney was a big underdog against Holyfield who had suffered a predictable loss to the awkward Chris Byrd but also looked rejuventated right before that in upsetting Rahman. Other than Bowe, Toney is the only other person to stop Evander. It was a huge win at that time and solidified Fighter of the Year for Toney.

Comment

I was more impressed with the Holyfield win honestly

Comment

Although he didn't win it and I may be biased bc I love Morales but the first to come to mind was Morales vs Maidana. Let's face it, Morales pretty much sucked at that point in his career and Maidana was supposed to kill him. He hurt him and closed his eye in round 1 and still Morales gave him all he could handle that night.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I was more impressed with the Holyfield win honestly
                    Yeah Toney was insane that night.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Agreed, it was definitely more impressive. But he didn't fall off after. Toney was a big underdog against Holyfield who had suffered a predictable loss to the awkward Chris Byrd but also looked rejuventated right before that in upsetting Rahman. Other than Bowe, Toney is the only other person to stop Evander. It was a huge win at dthat time and solidified Fighter of the Year for Toney.
                      IMO he had to dig deep with jirov and be great... Vs old holy? Well not so much

I picked toney to win that....stopping him was a shocker

Still though that jirov fight meant more

Comment

Working...
                      X