Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Army Head To Head Could Beat The US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyshenko Team View Post
    Russia sells China their weapons from 80s as far as Im concerned. Russia just spent billions of $ for new Navy ships and equipment, and their army been getting new weapons since 2009 till today. However US Army always has something new in the game. And I know nothing about UK's army though
    that's right. russia has gone through deep modernization within the last decade and is still going to continue to do so with big vlad back in command.

russian vdv some of the toughest mofos on the planet.
    Last edited by John Barron; 08-25-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• I couldn't see any country beating the USA as they are the most powerful country in the world and that is a fact

China, Russia, Korea and other so called "big powers" wouldn't dare try to take them on anyway

I am English and am glad we have the USA as allies

Comment

• Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Dunno bro, US did lose strategically in Vietnam, just as it is going to leave Afghanistan 'unfixed'.

Big armies cant fight COIN wars effectively.
        The U.S. (as in the state) lost but not the military.

Of Course you can beat the U.S. Political state, all you have to do is convince the American people to oppose the effort, because the U.S. is Democratic. But you're not beating the U.S. military on the ground. The Vietcong was getting whipped by the military itself pretty badly.
        Last edited by res; 08-25-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          In head to head conventional warfare, no one can touch the US army - probably for another 50-75 years. I mean set piece battles with jets and tanks et al. Too advanced.

In non-conventional war, ATM western armies arent that good as COIN operational strategy is still emerging.
          their coin tactics are fine imo.

ppl just expect no casualties.

which is ridiculous.

then media hypes up things and public thinks things are going bad.

we lost more men in 1 day in previous wars than a decade in iraq and afghanistan.

Comment

• Army for Army the US isn't really that much better than some of the larger powers they just have a enormous advantage with their Air Force that's where they are formidable

Comment

• Originally posted by MokMok View Post
              It's called KOrean war?

Vietnam War?

Iraq War?

Afghan War?

I hate to break it to you but the US army have lost a lot of wars since most of your opponents have you figured out.

In boxing we call upon that age old adage. STYLES MAKES FIGHTS.

The fact is... and it is based on HISTORICAL FACT. The invincibility of the US army is more hype than fact.

Don't let some clueless guy decieve you into believing the hype.
              You know it's not just the "ARMY" that was in Iraq and Afghanistan right? There hasn't been a war in the recent decades where it was only fought by just the Army. You have no clue what you're talking about.

How in the hell did the "Army" lose in Afghanistan when the last 11 figure heads/Leaders of AQ/Taleban have been killed and are continued to being hunt down?

You can confirm that the "ARMY" has lost when the Republic has been lost, don't hold your breath on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serrine View Post
                I couldn't see any country beating the USA as they are the most powerful country in the world and that is a fact

China, Russia, Korea and other so called "big powers" wouldn't dare try to take them on anyway

I am English and am glad we have the USA as allies
                I'm English too and the big 3, China, us and russia will never fight each other because if they do then the whole world will be destroyed. You will get a billion missiles with nukes flying and destroying each country. I honestly doubt america can stop that many missiles from russia or china considering they couldn't even stop a plane in 911.

Let's say america does stop all these missiles. There will be nuclear fallout in the oceans or collateral damage in countries where the missles fall to earth.

That's the reason why the big 3 never fight each other. Because if they had a proper all out war in this day and age the world will end as we know it.

I like americans, chinese and russians. We can all get along fine. Let's face it we need each other and the world would be a worse place without these big 3. One day when the aliens come, we'll be unified together fighting one enemy. Then the humans will realise this competitive nonsense is just restricting the potential of the human race. Imagine china us and russia working together on technology along with japan germany etc.

We would have had the internet and 40 years ago prolly

It's funny people always talk about how powerful so and so is. It's like primary school when people showed how good their toys were. I.e fun but ultimately pointless.
                Last edited by Xercen; 08-25-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                  Army for Army the US isn't really that much better than some of the larger powers they just have a enormous advantage with their Air Force that's where they are formidable
                  mate, the u.s. army has more aircraft than most rival air forces.

hell the u.s. made about 1,000 apache attack helicopters.

indian air force, one of the largest in the world, only has around 1,000 combat aircraft TOTAL.

another comparison to show u.s. army strength.

the M-1 abrams tank.

u.s. army has over 8,000 of them.

they're on the level of british challenger and french leclerc tanks.

how many do the french and british field?

both have around 400 each.

think about that. 2 of the best armies in the world COMBINED has a tank fleet 1/10th the size of the u.s. tank fleet.

to say army for army they are not much better than the other world powers is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    mate, the u.s. army has more aircraft than most rival air forces.

hell the u.s. made about 1,000 apache attack helicopters.

indian air force, one of the largest in the world, only has around 1,000 combat aircraft TOTAL.

another comparison to show u.s. army strength.

the M-1 abrams tank.

u.s. army has over 8,000 of them.

they're on the level of british challenger and french leclerc tanks.

how many do the french and british field?

both have around 400 each.

think about that. 2 of the best armies in the world COMBINED has a tank fleet 1/10th the size of the u.s. tank fleet.

to say army for army they are not much better than the other world powers is ridiculous.
                    If you lined them up in front of each other face to face and said charge then yes there superior numbers/machinery are overwhelming but that's not how they fight nowadays in a real environment with other logistical concerns

The Aie Force would be the deciding factor not the ground forces

Comment

• Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                      If you lined them up in front of each other face to face and said charge then yes there superior numbers/machinery are overwhelming but that's not how they fight nowadays in a real environment with other logistical concerns

The Aie Force would be the deciding factor not the ground forces
                      immediately i thought of millions of chinese conscripts bum rushing the entire inventory of abrams tanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X