Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• these dudes are happy with a moral victory hey mayweather didn't shut me out 12-0 or not me out im a world class fighter and i actually landed a punch on Mayweather lol it's sick it's how shane was shane didn't care that he lost every round after the 2nd the fact that he hit floyd like that in the 2 nd he was happy about that and took a moral victory from that. Floyd should have just stayed on the outside and boxed all night just jab, jab, jab, upstairs and downstairs and move and won 12-0 because now you got these clowns thinking that they are in Mayweather's class. Mayweather should have just boxed and kept the jab in his face all night but people would have been complaining about that too oh boring fight we knew Mayweather was gonna stick and move he just jabs, he's running blah, blah, blah.

Comment

• Several of the rounds were close. If you gave them all to Floyd, he won by a wide margin....if you gave them all to Cotto, Floyd still wins by a round or 2. Alot of Floyds right hands were being picked off even though they looked nice when he was throwing them. Many were of the cuffing/slapping variety too. Floyd won, but it was close. And while I don't agree with the old legend of "you have to agressively take the title from the champ", I find it funny how so many on here invoke it selectively. There are people on this thread who said Marquez couldn't have won against Pacquiao because he didn't "agressively take the title from the champ".....yet they dismiss the same arguement when one of their fighters counters and moves his way to victory over a defending champ.

Comment

• Sounds like there good with the lost but not the scores. 117-111 to me but competitive. It's no question they lost so now it comes down to being happy they gave Floyd his hardest fight. Give credit where its due. They won't even give the man credit for the win. They do sound bitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Fat dan is saying floyd was sick and had hand issues.
          As if floyd doesnt always have hand issues in which he injects himself with Xylocaine before the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by pac2 View Post
            these dudes are happy with a moral victory hey mayweather didn't shut me out 12-0 or not me out im a world class fighter and i actually landed a punch on Mayweather lol it's sick it's how shane was shane didn't care that he lost every round after the 2nd the fact that he hit floyd like that in the 2 nd he was happy about that and took a moral victory from that. Floyd should have just stayed on the outside and boxed all night just jab, jab, jab, upstairs and downstairs and move and won 12-0 because now you got these clowns thinking that they are in Mayweather's class. Mayweather should have just boxed and kept the jab in his face all night but people would have been complaining about that too oh boring fight we knew Mayweather was gonna stick and move he just jabs, he's running blah, blah, blah.
            He would of been happy to do that you ****** but Cotto wouldn't let him. They aren't happy with a moral victory, just stating that they gave him hell in there and that Mayweather showed flaws. This is what I'm talking about when I say Mayweather fans are insecure as fuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              As if floyd doesnt always have hand issues in which he injects himself with Xylocaine before the fight?
              Fat dan put out a blog today saying floyd had hurt his wrist/hand in traing and had a cold. Apparently he went into the ring at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                They are being pretty redick. 2 rounds, come on. I thought the clear rounds were 6 and 8 for Cotto but that left rounds 2,3,5,7, and 10 as toss ups. It was far from a clear victory imo. Lot of swing rounds.
                I gave FMJ 6 clear rounds, Cotto 2 clear rounds with 4 rounds even (but 3 of the 4 even rounds looked more like FMJ rounds so 9-3 overall).

Put it this way, while he gave him a tough fight I don't think there was any way to score the fight to Cotto, I'm amazed the NY Times and USA Today had him winning (if it's true).

I'm no fan of the whole Mayweather bandwagon but his ability to re-adjust to Cotto multiple times during the fight has to be admired.

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                  It's amazing how fast Floyd still is with that pull-counter.
                  He only used it twice though

In the 3rd and the 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I gave FMJ 6 clear rounds, Cotto 2 clear rounds with 4 rounds even (but 3 of the 4 even rounds looked more like FMJ rounds so 9-3 overall).

Put it this way, while he gave him a tough fight I don't think there was any way to score the fight to Cotto, I'm amazed the NY Times and USA Today had him winning (if it's true).

I'm no fan of the whole Mayweather bandwagon but his ability to re-adjust to Cotto multiple times during the fight has to be admired.
                    Yeah, Cotto didn't win but it certainly was close. 6 and 8 were not debatable but a round like 3 was close but I thought it was easily Miguels, that's 3. Of the close rounds(2, 5, 7, and 10) I thought Cotto only had round 2 but Lederman thought he won 5 and some thought won 7. So, I guess it's possible that Cotto could of won if you gave every close round to him but of the 4 close rounds I listed I thought Mayweather won 5,7, and 10. 2 clear rounds for Cotto, 5 clear rounds for Mayweather and 5 close. Either way Cotto lost, Mayweather won in a highly entertaining fight. Not sure why Floyd fans have to spin it any other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                      He would of been happy to do that you ****** but Cotto wouldn't let him. They aren't happy with a moral victory, just stating that they gave him hell in there and that Mayweather showed flaws. This is what I'm talking about when I say Mayweather fans are insecure as fuk.
                      Now people know what im talking about.

All along fans have been saying they cant wait till pact@rds leave the board when Mannys career is over, but i cant wait till the floyd fans leave.

Comment

Working...
                      X