Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez has absouletly nothing on Floyd, except height and size ofcourse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    sergio's a southpaw, bigger, pretty fast, if not the fastest for his division.

and im not sure if floyd would be as fast as he used to be in the lower weights than at 154.

edge for sergio on paper, but if he does away w/ that arrogant hands down defense, i think he'll win UD by a big margin, else floyd would counter him all night.
    ^that is the BIGGEST REASON why I think Mayweather WOULD UD him, Martinez don't have defense, his defense is his quickness and speed advantage and his ability to get out of the way of punches, that style of defense vs Mayweather's hand speed...NO CHANCE! Mayweather will tag him ALL NIGHT and force him to get his hands up and change up his defense

once again Martinez style is predicated on being the QUICKER GUY that is why he does so well in that 154-160 division because it is really no one that is as quick or as fast as him

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
      That's the thing, when a southpaw gives Floyd a few problems for 2 or 3 rounds, people say he "struggled" against them. They completely block out the rounds where Floyd dominates the majority of the fight.

Floyd's the only fighter on the planet that "almost loses" when he loses a couple of rounds, and "almost gets knocked out" when he gets hit flush. It's ridiculous.

yeah Mayweather in early rounds is basically doing nothing but letting you "show your hand" and adapting to your style so yeah while he is doing that it has been opponents that has landing good shots...BUT by the 4th or 5th round he makes his adjustments and once he makes that adjustments his opponents seems to never come up with a answer to his adjustments, I am trying to remember when was the last time I seen a fighter actually look good in Later Rounds against Mayweather...

it takes PURE BOXING SKILLS to beat Mayweather, Not HEIGHT, Not Size, Not Power, Not Speed...but SKILLS, you can't be playing Checkers against a Master Chess Player
      Last edited by sicko; 08-25-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X