Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Walters is Still Very Possible, Says Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Walters is Still Very Possible, Says Bob Arum

On June 11th, Vasyl Lomachenko (5-1, 3KOs) faces Rocky Martinez for the WBO 130-pound title at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York and promoter Bob Arum has a particular fight in mind should Lomachenko (who currently holds the WBO featherweight title) wins this fight and stay in this weight class.

[Click Here To Read More]

Make it happen, Bobfather!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
      Make it happen, Bobfather!
      Bob The Builder

Comment

Everyone hates on Arum but he is the only promoter out there trying to unify. Arums old school, he isnt going to pay you until you prove your worth.

Comment

Bob Arum said it was verbally made.. Walters then priced himself out! Arum then said he can't accommodate what Walters wanted to fight the whizz kid! What has changed? Nothing. Walters punked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Everyone hates on Arum but he is the only promoter out there trying to unify. Arums old school, he isnt going to pay you until you prove your worth.
            What has Lomachenko done to prove he's worth $850,000 to Walters $400,000? Arum just admitted in this article he low balled Walters. He said he can get the fight done later because he'll have more money. So Walters didn't price himself out. Arum was being cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              What has Lomachenko done to prove he's worth $850,000 to Walters $400,000? Arum just admitted in this article he low balled Walters. He said he can get the fight done later because he'll have more money. So Walters didn't price himself out. Arum was being cheap
              I didnt know the BIG price difference between the 2 so I will agree that lomenchecko doesnt deserve that much more or more than walters hell I might say that walters deserves more than lomencheko. But walters isnt making any $ not fighting either. But I think Lomencheko offered to take less $ for the fight to happen. Hopefully this fight gets made this year or early next year before Walters cant make 130 anymore.

Comment

Lomachenko moves to well to get hit with one of Walter's bombs....I expect lomanchenko to outbox Walters but walters has a real shot, I guess...Really wanna see Rigo-lomachenko super fight....

Comment

It's starting to get a little annoying. It's like the Rigo fight. People say they want to see it and when it's actually in negotiations there is nothing but whining and complaining and of course blaming everything on Loma. Loma accepted most of Walters demands and him and his fans still want him to take more of the money? Couldn't Loma at least have that. (The last time Loma let a fighter have it his way, Salido the Cheater, look what happened. And nobody wants to remember that.) He accepted everything else. Walters' date, his weight and it's not like it's for a belt.
                  Also, there are several fighters making 1 million+ per fight, but of course it's a problem when Loma makes 800,000.

Maybe Top Rank should try to get Walters a fight? That wouldn't be a bad idea, would it? If Walters wants to make some good money then him and Loma have to stay relevant.
                  They could have easily put Walters on the Crawford-Postol undercard but they didn't. Well, I guess they wanted to target the Hispanic market. Walters is a fun fighter to watch and it wouldn't make sense for them to not try to give him a TV spot.
                  Walters is a good investment imo. Not only a fight with Loma, even if he loses to Loma (which he will), he can still fight guys like Verdejo (who wants to move down to 130 or I can see Walters at 135 one day), Rodriguez, and Oscar Valdez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                    Lomachenko moves to well to get hit with one of Walter's bombs....I expect lomanchenko to outbox Walters but walters has a real shot, I guess...Really wanna see Rigo-lomachenko super fight....
                    You arent gonna see it because Rigo punked out of the fight just like Walters

both are *****es afraid of getting embarrassed by the High Tech Lomo

bawww they arent paying me enough, so im gonna fight this random bum instead, for like a fraction of the money they were gonna pay me for Lomachenko

pricing yourself out of a fight is the oldest way of ducking

Comment

Working...
                    X