Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Demolishes Martin in Two, Captures IBF Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Josh and martin unbeaten, I'm just wondering why such a gulf in class?
    I wanted josh to win but hoped martin would test josh because joish will learn more that way. Wilder is having tough fights and learning on the job now so u get the feeling wilder maybe pulling ahead.
    Wilder tried to fight Martin, but the WBC wouldn't let him.

He is taking on a tougher challenge now, but he is being forced to. When he was 15 fights deep, he had fought no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
      The Mormeck fight is ancient.

People have been referencing that in every single one of his heavyweight fights - and in none of them has he been wobbled, hurt or even caught in the manner they've been expecting. Seriously, that Mormeck stuff has expired now. Haye's not easy to catch clean anymore. Joshua has never even remotely came across someone with his movement. And probably never will.

Like I said. Haye takes his jaw off.

Haye is not easy to catch clean because you need speed to counter him.

The only one who had the tools to catch that cautious Haye was Wlad.
      But Haye run for the all fight, choose to lose by UD instead of going for the KO but taking the risk to get KTFO himself.

Haye totally outspeed and hurt his HW opponents, SPEED KILLS, he also has some good movements but he ain't no Ray f@cking Robinson.

De Mori, an old John Ruiz, Valuev, Monte Barett, Chisora, Audley.
      Those guys ain't catchin flies...they are slow.

When you see that level of opposition, you need to balance Haye's accomplishments as a Heavyweight.

Don't get me wrong, I think Haye is a TOP 5 HW but hasn't beaten a TOP 10 HW yet (Valuev was a paper champ).

I would like to see him against guys like Povetkin, Josh or maybe just a Pulev.

He came up really short against Wlad's level, barely won a round.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpe View Post
        couple of things:

AJ isn't a real champ, he should acknowledge this instead of holding up the IBF belt like it means anything - that's just embarrassing

We learned nothing from this - Martin was an unknown quantity coming in because he's not beaten anyone. His record is relatively meaningless just like AJ's

The hype surrounding this guy in the UK is plain disgusting:
        copied from a bbc article
        "Joshua joins Ali in history books"
        "While nobody has won a world heavyweight title faster than Spinks, Joshua surpasses Ali (20 fights), Lennox Lewis (22) and Mike Tyson (28)."

The casual boxing public in the UK are ******s and will buy anything the media tells them - Pretty sure David price was knocking out people like this a few years ago.... that went well

anyone actually think AJ deserved his olympic gold medal? In London of all places?
        Good post! This title was practically handed to him. He's a good kid though.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
          Wlad hit him with a clean right hand. Haye wasn't even buzzed. If you put Haye in against Joshua, both guys could potentially be stopped. That's how I honestly see it. Right now I'd take Haye. As for Haye refusing to engage, Haye has always been a guy who relies on counter punching. Wlad is probably the worst style match up for Haye. Joshua would never fight how Wlad did.

He took this punch well but doesn't mean he woulda taken few more.

Martin took some right hands well, one big behind the ear in the first round.
          We kinda thought he was in there able to withstand Joshua power then was blasted away by 2 right hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpe View Post
            couple of things:

AJ isn't a real champ, he should acknowledge this instead of holding up the IBF belt like it means anything - that's just embarrassing

We learned nothing from this - Martin was an unknown quantity coming in because he's not beaten anyone. His record is relatively meaningless just like AJ's

The hype surrounding this guy in the UK is plain disgusting:
            copied from a bbc article
            "Joshua joins Ali in history books"
            "While nobody has won a world heavyweight title faster than Spinks, Joshua surpasses Ali (20 fights), Lennox Lewis (22) and Mike Tyson (28)."

The casual boxing public in the UK are ******s and will buy anything the media tells them - Pretty sure David price was knocking out people like this a few years ago.... that went well

anyone actually think AJ deserved his olympic gold medal? In London of all places?
            He should acknowledge he isnt real champ? Really lol. How many boxers are going to come out and said i won a paper version of the belt? At least he recognise that he has a lot of work to do to get to the top because he said that last night and in most of his interviews that i have seen.

You talking about the hype surrounding this guy because of the BBC and Sky? Sky has invest their money in him so what do you expect? I dont think the media here are overhyping him that badly. He is an olympic Gold medallist and that meant media attention would come with that.

You seem to be picking at every negative thing you can pick at in regards to him, at the end of the day the guy is still a prospect who had a belt fall on his lap, what is he suppose to do? Now is the big test for him because whether he is a novice or not that belt he holds bring resposibility and competitiveness, i would not want him to sit on it and milk it fighting bums.

Comment

• If Haye fights Joshua now he would stop him within 5 rounds. But that should be a fight that Joshua should try and go for over the next 2/3 fights. He would learn more about himself from fights like that than fighting bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                If Haye fights Joshua now he would stop him within 5 rounds. But that should be a fight that Joshua should try and go for over the next 2/3 fights. He would learn more about himself from fights like that than fighting bums.
                Josh might not agree with you. People keep telling josh who will test him but inbpvariably don't so josh probably thinks people are liars and don't know what they are talking about

Comment

Josh might not agree with you. People keep telling josh who will test him but inbpvariably don't so josh probably thinks people are liars and don't know what they are talking about
                  He doesnt have to agree with me, its my opinion and my opinion means nothing to him really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    He doesnt have to agree with me, its my opinion and my opinion means nothing to him really.
                    Haye at his best might have been too much but hate has been out so long. Hayes experience will help but that may only get him so far. Its clear josh has got some kind of momentum going at the moment. But hate would give josh problems, so they have to meet
                    But I'd love to see it next. But I'd like josh and wilder as well
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 04-10-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Haye at his best might have been too much but hate has been out so long. Hayes experience will help but that can onltpy get you so far. Iyts clear josh has got the momentum at the moment.
                      But I'd love to see it next. But I'd like josh and wilder as well
                      Joshua and Wilder would be a mega fight in vegas in the next 2 years, to be honest if i was Haye i would look to fight Joshua now before he gets more fights/experience in, Haye speed and elusiveness would be great dangerous to Joshua plus his experience as well. If the fight happens then Haye would stop Joshua IMO. The only problem i see would be Haye stamina down the mid/championship rounds but Joshua himself has never gone past 8 rounds in the pro ranks.

Comment

Working...
                      X