Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does boxing have any future Pay-Per-View quality stars?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does boxing have any future Pay-Per-View quality stars?

Right now there's only 4 with Floyd, Manny, Canelo & Cotto.

Chavez Jr's stock has went way down so he's not going to be on PPV ever again unless it's against Canelo.

Broner needs to beat bigger names to prove to be an elite fighter since he hasn't beaten any A level fighters, or arguably maybe not even any B level ones.

Thurman it's too early to tell since he's not a big enough name yet.

Ward doesn't draw & his only PPV fight would likely be against Golovkin.

Khan is a huge draw in the UK but not in the U.S.

Crawford I think has a good chance if he keeps beating quality opponents & getting more popular he could possibly be the future star of boxing.

Anyone else? And who do you see possibly being fighters where you'll have to pay to watch the majority of their fights?

I think GGG will be when he gets some bigger names in the ring with him. Crawford also looks promising. If Wilder can get some hype built up and then beat Fury he has a chance to turn Wilder/Wlad into a PPV, and if Wilder wins he might stay a PPV star

Comment

I think Wilder,Verdejo ,and Thurman is the best bet.Crawford doesn't have the personality and Broner doesn't have the skill.

Comment

If Wilder (I think he is sucks by he might get better) and Fury can stay unbeaten and manage to actually beat Klitschko (and the winner of a match between the two) you best believe they are loud enough, have enough personality and are fun enough to watch and most importantly they are Heavyweights.

They could be great PPV attractions.

Comment

Felix Verdejo is pretty much a lock to be a PPV star and i think Crawford will be one aswell. I expect that one to be the mega fight of boxing in 4-5 years.

Comment

GGG and Crawford have the potential to be huge stars!

Comment

Without question. The next cash cows are:

Tyson Fury
              Lomachenko
              Kovalev
              GGG

Comment

I hope not. The PPV era has run its course. I hope it fades away like CD players.

Comment

Wilder if he can stay undefeated...HW's are very easy to package and sell

Ward will never be a ppv star, very boring personality

Broner had potential, until Maidana exposed him

You take a boxer like Crawford, he has no personality

If Thurmann keeps winning and talking smack, he may become a ppv star

Broner had the most potential, because he was so hated, but adored by the hip hop crowds like Floyd. However now even the Hip Hp crowds laugh at Broner

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Without question. The next cash cows are:

Tyson Fury
                    Lomachenko
                    Kovalev
                    GGG
                    Lomachenko doesn't have the power to make it as a PPV star, even Floyd in his early career was cracking guys until he got to Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X