No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
    This could have been put out just to create fan speculation. At this point I believe nothing until a fight is announced. Feb does not seem possible for Floyd---more like mid march if not may 4th. Stick to welterweight Floyd...Guererro then Pac in 2013 then call it quits. he did look slower in both of his last fights also..probably the result of those long layoffs accumulating with age. Floyd is past prime and should stay away from punching power like Canelo. I'd love to see it happen though.
    Floyd hasn't looked any slower in his last few fights then he's looked since he was 30 years old. He's been practically fighting middleweights in his last two fights, both opponents outweighed him by least 15 pounds. If it's a case that he looked slower, then he was equally as slow when he faced Castillo the 1st time when Castillo outweighed him by 9 pounds. Put Floyd in there with Guererro at 147 and he will look just as fast as ever.

Comment

• What is wrong with fighting in February? Your last fight wasn't even a fight, it was a sparring match against a Light Weltweight, so why wouldn't he be ready for February then still fight in May? He is young enough to pull that Off!

If Mayweather is fighting in February then it will likely be Guerrero as a Warmup and it could also means he plans to fight more then once in 2013

Canelo is not ready anyway and won't be ready by May either but not fighting until May gives him more time to prepare which he desperately needs
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-04-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          If Mayweather fights Guerrero hes ducking Canelo.

If he fights Canelo he ducking Trout.

If he fights Trout hes ducking Martinez.

If he fights Martinez he ducking Ward.

If he fights Ward he ducking Hopkins.

Same shyt, different day.
          Naw, let me set you straight on the facts. Pacquaio and Martinez are already consider ducks, so it ducks accomplished for maynever. Second if Floyd flees the 154 division and fights at 47 then it's floyd-roid ducking real 154ers. And then everyone including the blind will see that roidweather only fought Cotta at 54 because he was a damaged fighter and not really a true 154 pound fighter. And last would be who he would pick if he went to 47, right now the only real choice for roid at 47 is Guerrero, but I could see roid taking the easiest fight possible and fighting Bradley at 47. So that's prertty much how Floyd-roid gets graded on his annual ducking fight schedule this year. So basically if roidweather ducks 54 he's scared of REAL JR.MIDDLES and is fleeing that divsion quick in a hurry. And if he fights Bradley over Guerrero then pacquaio is his idol and he's looking for the easiest high profile fight out there!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            Floyd hasn't looked any slower in his last few fights then he's looked since he was 30 years old. He's been practically fighting middleweights in his last two fights, both opponents outweighed him by least 15 pounds. If it's a case that he looked slower, then he was equally as slow when he faced Castillo the 1st time when Castillo outweighed him by 9 pounds. Put Floyd in there with Guererro at 147 and he will look just as fast as ever.
            Hear ya, and I truly hope that this is the case back @ down 147. yeah, he weighed a little more but still he appeared slower to my eye in both of his last fights - reflex-wise

Comment

• Is there really anyone dumb enough to think the a Floyd fight would happen in 2 months notice???? Minimum 3 months just for promotion and training.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                He shouldnt even be contemplating Guerrero as an opponent, that would be a disgraceful choice of opponent. What is the point in Floyd treading water and taking fights absolutely no one wants to see? The guy is a nobhead and needs to man the **** up and start fighting decent opposition or retire permanently.
                Guerrero just beat two back to back ww dumbass. No one at ww can say that. Aydin was the #1 contender and ghost sent him home making him the mandatory to fight Floyd. Floyd vs Guerrero makes perfect sense after the beat down Guerrero just put on berto's ass. The Mexican fans want to see Guerrero (the true warrior) put another beat down on a flashy fighter who talks s hi t. WAR GUERRERO!!!

Comment

• If Floyd fights Pac, Martinez, Trout, or Canelo, no one can consider him ducking. If he fights Guerrero, in comparison that would be a letdown. And that is coming from a Guerrero fan.
                  Last edited by richardt; 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    This can't be for real. Floyd's last three fights in the first half of the year have been in the first week of May. Why the hell would he suddenly decide to fight in February?
                    Easy, he has done it time and time again when he don't want none of someone. I dont think floyd wants to fight Canelo. I think Floyd will fight an easier fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      Not sure if Floyd-Roid is slowing down or NOT. But I do not consider Balomir, de la hoya, Ortiz or Cotto anywhere near elite middleweight standards. If that was the case Fraud should have signing on the dotted line two years ago for maravilla.

Comment

Working...
                      X