Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner Vs Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan easy win at 147. Much rather see the Brook fight to be honest.

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
    Kell Brook seems to have been really badly promoted through out his career. He should have been a multi-weight world champion by now, he has been a professional longer then most of his peers. Yet his career has been conducted in slow motion. Probably needs to sign with Al Haymon to make things happen for him.
    I thought since Brook went with Hearn he'd get bigger fights but bar the Porter fight, he's done nothing. I just think it's down to him, he hasn't got the mental strength to be a player at that level.

Comment

Broner has no chance and would lose every round.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        Khan easy win at 147. Much rather see the Brook fight to be honest.

I thought since Brook went with Hearn he'd get bigger fights but bar the Porter fight, he's done nothing. I just think it's down to him, he hasn't got the mental strength to be a player at that level.
        Well thats a shame Kell Brook is arguably one of the most talented guys in the Welterweight division. When he first turned pro, coming from the same gym as
        Prince Naseem, he was hyped as being the new Naseem Hamed. In my opinion Amir Khan is flawed fighter who has overachieved, whilst Kell Brook is a massively talented fighter who has underachieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          So Khan's people weren't going out of their way to make the fight like you said? It was just Khan saying in a couple interviews "yeah i'd fight Broner". Just like I thought. You're right though, same advisor not manager, my bad on that. I don't put too much stock in what these fighters say publicly anymore man, cause behind the scenes it's a totally different story
          Khan's team were trying to make the fight behind the scenes, that goes without saying. Khan thought the fight was green light because Broner fronted as if he wanted the fight to Khan's face.

But Broner then vanished while Khan's team were chasing him to sign the contract. He just waited for it to all blow over. There were no interviews from him answering Khan's persistent call outs. He wanted nothing to do with Khan the same way Floyd didn't because the style match up is too difficult man. It's a very easy fight for Khan, on par with the Judah or Alexander fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
            Seems like a logical fight for both in the summer, probably do good ratings as well.

A more motivated Broner makes this an exciting fight.
            Agree.

Let's see it.

I'll take Broner by mid to late KO.

Comment

Good fight

Broner should just move back up he clearly isnt cut out for 140

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Khan's team were trying to make the fight behind the scenes, that goes without saying. Khan thought the fight was green light because Broner fronted as if he wanted the fight to Khan's face.

But Broner then vanished while Khan's team were chasing him to sign the contract. He just waited for it to all blow over. There were no interviews from him answering Khan's persistent call outs. He wanted nothing to do with Khan the same way Floyd didn't because the style match up is too difficult man. It's a very easy fight for Khan, on par with the Judah or Alexander fights.
                Actually it doesn't go without saying, which is why i'm asking for proof that they tried to make the fight. You just "thinking" they were trying to isn't good enough and wouldn't stand up anywhere, not even on an internet forum. Heck anything would do, an interview or something from either Khan or his people saying they contacted Broner's people and sent an offer out there to make a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Actually it doesn't go without saying, which is why i'm asking for proof that they tried to make the fight. You just "thinking" they were trying to isn't good enough and wouldn't stand up anywhere, not even on an internet forum. Heck anything would do, an interview or something from either Khan or his people saying they contacted Broner's people and sent an offer out there to make a fight.
                  broner confirmed there were some talks, but he said khan didnt take the offer on the table

the offer was a cw fight,

which porter then took instead of khan, kenny porter said on the boxingvoice that khan wanted to fight broner but ab was asking for cw's

there was another 147 boxer who broner offered a cw fight to, i think it was the ghost, who also turned it down

broner is a clown

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    broner confirmed there were some talks, but he said khan didnt take the offer on the table

the offer was a cw fight,

which porter then took instead of khan, kenny porter said on the boxingvoice that khan wanted to fight broner but ab was asking for cw's

there was another 147 boxer who broner offered a cw fight to, i think it was the ghost, who also turned it down

broner is a clown
                    From what I recall that was the main sticking point, Broner was only willing to fight at a Catchweight. plus Broner seemed to think the fight was financially worth more then it actually is.

Amir Khan is ripe for the picking right now, dont see him fighting for much longer I think great opportunity for Broner.

Broner is the harder Puncher so he definitely has a better chance then most people think. On the flip side Amir Khan is all speed and no power. But even the speed was missing in his last fight with Algieri..!

Guys who base their technique on speed need to train constantly through out the year, if you dont use it you lose it.

Comment

They can't fight because they are in different weight classes and neither will budge. Broner will try for a 144 pound catch weight and Khan will only fight at 147. If they fought at 147 Khan should win on points if he is careful and doesn't run into a bomb. Broner is good at catching guys rushing in carelessly and he certainly hits hard enough to turn Khan's lights out. I give Khan the edge because of his faster longer punches. Khan if it goes the distance and Broner is the more likely one to score a KO. This fight would be a clinch fest. Neither guy likes pressure and when things get too hot for them they clinch and hold.

Comment

Working...
                      X