Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time a British fighter beat 3 top North Americans in a row?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
    I always give props to Froch. People have slated him from day one, but he's got something special. He comes to fight and he's brave. Kessler/Froch should be one of the bouts of the tournament!
    Yup!

I'm going to be sooo nervous when watching that.

I remember the Pascal-Froch fight. I watched it on ITV live at the time and it was one of the best fight experiences I have ever had.

Amazing.

Comment

If you wanna talk the next British superstar, it's the guy on the bottom right of my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        Because North America produces many slick boxers (usually blacks) and the Brits having any success against them is rare. I mean look at Hatton Mayweather.... did Hatton even land a punch?
        as i mentioned last week, the europeans are tougher and more athletic, but the americans have better trainers(freddie roach, emmanuel stuart, teddy atlas etc)...

If the likes of goerge groves, nathen cleverly, darren barker, ryan rhodes etc hadthose types of trainers the yanks wouldnt get a look in...

Comment

Ryan Rhodes?

Pahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Šemise View Post
            If you wanna talk the next British superstar, it's the guy on the bottom right of my signature.
            Some good prospects in that signature. Wonder if Bellew and Cleverly will fight one day in the future.

Comment

I agree. The Americans just take everything to the next level, it's such an extreme country. Some of the best athletes and some of the biggest fat asses. Some of the best universities in the world and some of the most ignorant bastards you'll ever meet.

At the good end of the boxing spectrum their coaches really are very good in some cases. They also have such a multi cultural society that all kinds of styles get developed.

I'd really like to see Gavin, Saunders and DeGale with a top trainer either in the UK or America.

On another note, Adam Booth really is doing something right at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post

Whether you scored it for Dirrell or not... I don't understand why there is so much hate from Brits towards Froch.

This is not an anti-USA thread. It's actually a USA compliment because I believe on the whole they produce higher quality boxers than in the UK.

(And yes I am aware of Lennox)
                Im a fan of Froch, beat 3 good names in his last 3 fights. If he can win his 2 next fights (though fights though !) he will have a very impressive CV .

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                  Some good prospects in that signature. Wonder if Bellew and Cleverly will fight one day in the future.
                  I hope they do.

I wish Cleverly had Bellew's power.

Comment

I hope they do.

I wish Cleverly had Bellew's power.

haha, yeah he'd be one tough fighter to beat then.

Comment

Fuck Froch, Groves is the truth.
                      groves would beat the **** outta froch

Comment

Working...
                      X