No announcement yet.

Why is Vitali so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Vitali so great?

To me Wladimir is the better of the brothers and deserves more credit than he gets. A lot of Vitali's fans claim he's one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, but based on what? Please don't give me the KO Percentages garbage.

Here's a comparison of the brothers careers:

Vitali
    Biggest wins - Gomez, Peter, the immortal Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, Kirk Johnson.
    Losses - Chris Byrd (quit), Lewis (TKO, cut)

Wlad
    Biggest wins - Monte Barrett, Byrd (twice), McCline, Peter, Brock, Brewster, Ibragamov, Thompson, Rahman.
    Losses - Brewster, Sanders, Purrity

Yet somehow Vitali receives more credit and boxrec has Vital as their #1.

It all just makes me scratch my head.

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    To me Wladimir is the better of the brothers and deserves more credit than he gets. A lot of Vitali's fans claim he's one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, but based on what? Please don't give me the KO Percentages garbage.

Here's a comparison of the brothers careers:

Vitali
    Biggest wins - Gomez, Peter, the immortal Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, Kirk Johnson.
    Losses - Chris Byrd (quit), Lewis (TKO, cut)

Wlad
    Biggest wins - Monte Barrett, Byrd (twice), McCline, Peter, Brock, Brewster, Ibragamov, Thompson, Rahman.
    Losses - Brewster, Sanders, Purrity

Yet somehow Vitali receives more credit and boxrec has Vital as their #1.

It all just makes me scratch my head.
    Wlad is the better all round fighter but Vitali is the more entertaing fighter

Comment

I wholeheartedly think Wlad is the better boxer and more fun to watch... well, if that's even possible with those two!

It's that multiple left hook I love of his (quadruple against Austin and triple against Rahman), and that supreme jab. I think he'd outwork his brother to a nice UD if they ever fought.

Plus, he's got the most belts and has been champ for a while so I consider him the top dog in HW right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        I wholeheartedly think Wlad is the better boxer and more fun to watch... well, if that's even possible with those two!

It's that multiple left hook I love of his (quadruple against Austin and triple against Rahman), and that supreme jab. I think he'd outwork his brother to a nice UD if they ever fought.

Plus, he's got the most belts and has been champ for a while so I consider him the top dog in HW right now.
        I completely agree. I think he's been under appreciated in what he's been doing since his last loss. He's been active and fighting the best opposition out there (for the most part).

Comment

I think Wlad is easier on the eyes to watch,but I prefer Vitaly,because he has a sturdier chin and in the losses he has,he was never put on his back and his heart showed its size in the fight with Lewis!!He may be robotic,but he seems to get the job done!!Plus he has gotten revenge for his brother on more than 1 occation!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
            I think Wlad is easier on the eyes to watch,but I prefer Vitaly,because he has a sturdier chin and in the losses he has,he was never put on his back and his heart showed its size in the fight with Lewis!!He may be robotic,but he seems to get the job done!!Plus he has gotten revenge for his brother on more than 1 occation!!
            Wlad avenged his brother's loss against Byrd too though.

Comment

Wlad avenged his brother's loss against Byrd too though.
              Agreed.But Vitally was ahead on the scorecards,when his shoulder gave in.If he wasnt so accident prone,I believe the difference between them would show even greater in Vitali's favor!!

Comment

I really don't care about the resumes because the HW division sucks so bad. To me, it's about what I see in the ring. IMO Vitali simply is the better fighter and is more exciting to watch. Wlad comes off like a giant ***** that is extremely scared to engage and unwilling to give the fans what they want (a fight, or a little bit of action at least) whereas Vitali isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and fights inside, rough if necessary and throw combo's.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  I really don't care about the resumes because the HW division sucks so bad. To me, it's about what I see in the ring. IMO Vitali simply is the better fighter and is more exciting to watch. Wlad comes off like a giant ***** that is extremely scared to engage and unwilling to give the fans what they want (a fight, or a little bit of action at least) whereas Vitali isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and fights inside, rough if necessary and throw combo's.
                  I don't think I ever recall either of these guys fighting on the inside. Do you have an example to remind me?

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
                    Agreed.But Vitally was ahead on the scorecards,when his shoulder gave in.If he wasnt so accident prone,I believe the difference between them would show even greater in Vitali's favor!!
                    Steroids will do that to you, bad knees, bad shoulder- roids will break you down

I don't think I ever recall either of these guys fighting on the inside. Do you have an example to remind me?
                    I think this is the key to beating both of them..get in close and pummel their bodies- when the guard drops, start picking away at the chin while giving them no space to operate.

Comment

Working...
                    X