No announcement yet.

Is Paul Williams Really that great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Paul Williams Really that great?

Im no PW (Paul Williams) hater as I happen to love his fighting style and find it very entertaining. But I was doing a little research about him and a trend caught my eye...

PW last 7 fighters faced:

Ronald wright : 5"10 72" reach
    Verno Phillips : 5"7 1/2 69" reach
    Andy Kolle: 6"1 ( reach was not provided)
    Carlos Quintana: 5"9 1/2 72" reach
    Antonio Margarito : 5"11 73" reach
    Santos Pakau: 5"9 (reach also not provided)
    Shamba Mitchell: 5"7 72" reach

So, in his last 7 fights PW is and average of 3.5 inches taller and has a reach advantage of 11.5 inches.which leads me to this question...

When will he fight a formidable oppenet his size? I sometimes see threads with people giving fighters like PBF for example **** for fighting people smaller than them. But ive personally never seen a thread accusing PW of picking fights with smaller fighters... You can even look at the people he is currently challenging.

Migul Cotto: 5"7 67" reach
    Shane Mosley: 5"9 74" reach
    Roy Jones jr: 5"11 74" reach

The person closest to his size happens to be damn near 40 and way past his prime.

Am i the only person who thinks PW should be trying to work his way up in wieght? Am i the only person that thinks before he is given the most feared title he should prove that can beat somone his size atleast in or near his prime?

I was under the impression the most praised fighters were those who worked thier way up and dominated fighters bigger than them... Have times changed?

dudes a wimp, fighting a 47 is a wimp move. nobody wants to see a super middleweight fight a lightweight. no money in the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
      Im no PW (Paul Williams) hater as I happen to love his fighting style and find it very entertaining. But I was doing a little research about him and a trend caught my eye...

PW last 7 fighters faced:

Ronald wright : 5"10 72" reach
      Verno Phillips : 5"7 1/2 69" reach
      Andy Kolle: 6"1 ( reach was not provided)
      Carlos Quintana: 5"9 1/2 72" reach
      Antonio Margarito : 5"11 73" reach
      Santos Pakau: 5"9 (reach also not provided)
      Shamba Mitchell: 5"7 72" reach

So, in his last 7 fights PW is and average of 3.5 inches taller and has a reach advantage of 11.5 inches.which leads me to this question...

When will he fight a formidable oppenet his size? I sometimes see threads with people giving fighters like PBF for example **** for fighting people smaller than them. But ive personally never seen a thread accusing PW of picking fights with smaller fighters... You can even look at the people he is currently challenging.

Migul Cotto: 5"7 67" reach
      Shane Mosley: 5"9 74" reach
      Roy Jones jr: 5"11 74" reach

The person closest to his size happens to be damn near 40 and way past his prime.

Am i the only person who thinks PW should be trying to work his way up in wieght? Am i the only person that thinks before he is given the most feared title he should prove that can beat somone his size atleast in or near his prime?

I was under the impression the most praised fighters were those who worked thier way up and dominated fighters bigger than them... Have times changed?
      Boxing doesnt have height height and reach classes...its based on weight.

You cant blame Paul for being 6-2.

Everyone he faces wont be the same height as him..its boxing..great fighters overcome pbhysical disadvantages.

Comment

His power is questionable even at the lower weights to me, it's no wonder he wants to stay down there.

Comment

He is very good, but not as good as his huggers claim he is.

His biggest assets are height , reach and volume.

Hell be exciting to watch, but fighters, who gives angle and have piwer, will be tough for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jone2ts View Post
            His power is questionable even at the lower weights to me, it's no wonder he wants to stay down there.
            makes up for it by throwing 105 punches a round. If you get connected with 105 punches with average power, your going down or will be out pointed.

Williams never backs down from fights though. Then calls out everyone under the sun. Hopkins wants him, go fight him. He is ranked high enough as a JMW to challange Pavlik for his title. At the very least can get a #1 contender match with Abraham.

Comment

Boxing doesnt have height height and reach classes...its based on weight.

You cant blame Paul for being 6-2.

Everyone he faces wont be the same height as him..its boxing..great fighters overcome pbhysical disadvantages.

King Burner II ( Idont know how to quote lol)

I never blamed him for being 6"2, I pointed out he fights and challenges oppenets as much as 6" shorter than him and that he grossly "over-reaches"

Also you said "great fighters overcome pbhysical disadvantages"

So how is so great when hes never faced a worthy oppent his size let alone bigger?

Its kinda of like that kid who is larger than most kids his age and instead of playing sports with the next level which will only make him better, he insteads compete with those his age but not his size....

Him fighting at these low wieghts is only hurting him.

Comment

Working...
              X