No announcement yet.

May-Cotto cracks top 10 gates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Exactly. Floyd is so delusional. He's always claiming how he does record pay-per-view numbers but never once has he said me and....whoever the opponent was. Truth is, Hoya would have made that list regardless of who his opponent was. Furthermore, notice how the two times he's on there had little to do with him, and more about who he was fighting? Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing; Hoya was #er 1 then. He never wants to give other fighters credit for anything, I swear!
    Question:

Why didn't Delahoya sell two million plus with anyone else?

I mean, he fought Pacquiao, Hopkins, Chavez, Mosley, Trinidad, etc.

Just pure coincidence, I guess... huh?
    • Oscar's highest PPV - Floyd
    • Shane's highest PPV - Floyd
    • Hatton's highest PPV - Floyd
    • Judah's (only?) PPV - Floyd
    • Gatti's (only?) PPV - Floyd
    • Marquez' highest PPV at the time - Floyd
    • Ortiz only PPV - Floyd
      • Cotto's highest PPV (watch) - Floyd

Wow... that Floyd is one lucky, coincidental son-of-a-gun!

Comment

Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
      it was thanks to all three of them not one man alone
      3 good names. The title only states two.

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      That is just hard for me to believe. I will say this he supposed to headline a ppv in sept. we will really see what type draw Canelo is by the ppv #'s he does. I don't think they will be that high unless he fights Cotto or somebody like that. Canelo vs. Mosley if that was a headline ppv card would do less than 300K IMO.
      Again PPVs ain't the only way to know if a person is a draw or not. Boxing is more mainstream in Mexico so it is more likely to be shown for free. Anyone not named Mayweather or Pac would of done less than 300k with Mosley at this point.

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Yeah, and he added 500,000 ppv buys too. There was a good amount of Canelo fans but not nearly a significant number to add to the gate. Just because Mexicans are vocal, certainly they weren't a majority in the crowd.
      Couple of friends were there and they both told me there were a ton of Canelo fans.

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      Who said Cotto wasnt the 3rd largest draw??
      Me and he isn't. Have him headline a fight in Vegas. I bet you all my points it won't go over 10k people.

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      yea cause he has headlined several cards that did over a million right.i mean it has to be right?
      He's had several fights over a million viewers.

Comment

Do you also consider Tyson fights the highest PPV grossed because his 2 million ppv sold would of raked more than DLH/Floyd with inflation?
        Yes.

It's pointless and petty.
        Adjusting for inflation is pointless? You hear that? Economists everywhere are shrieking in horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          3 good names. The title only states two.

Again PPVs ain't the only way to know if a person is a draw or not. Boxing is more mainstream in Mexico so it is more likely to be shown for free. Anyone not named Mayweather or Pac would of done less than 300k with Mosley at this point.

Couple of friends were there and they both told me there were a ton of Canelo fans.

Me and he isn't. Have him headline a fight in Vegas. I bet you all my points it won't go over 10k people.

He's had several fights over a million viewers.
          Well we will see what his gate #'s are as well. Well his fight in Sept here in america won't be shown for free. There are plenty of boxing fans and mexicans here in america so like I said we will see what Canelo is all about real soon.

Comment

Well we will see what his gate #'s are as well. Well his fight in Sept here in america won't be shown for free. There are plenty of boxing fans and mexicans here in america so like I said we will see what Canelo is all about real soon.
            Man I don't understand why you people think boxing is just U.S.A.
            9 out of 10 of you love to argue ppvs considering the majority on here don't even fucking buy them.

I'll bet you this though, his headline gate at Vegas will be more than what Cotto did without Mayweather. I guarantee it.

Comment

Man I don't understand why you people think boxing is just U.S.A.
              9 out of 10 of you love to argue ppvs considering the majority on here don't even fucking buy them.

I'll bet you this though, his headline gate at Vegas will be more than what Cotto did without Mayweather. I guarantee it.
              So you saying Canelo gate will be more than Cotto vs. Margarito?

LLS my point has nothing to do with thinking boxing is just an american sport. But we are talking about Canelo in america on american ppv and fighting at an american venue which makes what canelo draws here in america relevant to what we talking about. Also many asian fly in to vegas when Manny fights will many rich mexicans do the same for Canelo? We will just have to wait and see.

I'll bet you a 1mill that Canelo fight in Vegas gate and ppv will not be higher than Cotto vs Margarito

Comment

So you saying Canelo gate will be more than Cotto vs. Margarito?

LLS my point has nothing to do with thinking boxing is just an american sport. But we are talking about Canelo in america on american ppv and fighting at an american venue which makes what canelo draws here in america relevant to what we talking about. Also many asian fly in to vegas when Manny fights will many rich mexicans do the same for Canelo? We will just have to wait and see.

I'll bet you a 1mill that Canelo fight in Vegas gate and ppv will not be higher than Cotto vs Margarito
                Funny how you're not mentioning Mayorga...a fight Cotto headlined. We both know that fight in Vegas, Margarito was the draw.

Comment

Funny how you're not mentioning Mayorga...a fight Cotto headlined. We both know that fight in Vegas, Margarito was the draw.
                  Don't matter you said a Cotto fight without Mayweather. That is a fight without him. I didn't know where the Mayorga fight took place truthfully. I did know that Cotto vs Margarito I took place in Vegas cause Cotto wanted the rematch in NYC. Get me the numbers to Cotto vs Mayorga and we still might have a bet.

You the one talking how Canelo so popular why you don't want the bet based on Cotto vs Margarito? Margarito was not the A-side in that fight and you damn well know it. More Mexicans may have been there live cause more Mexican live in the southwest than Puerto Ricans. Just like more Puerto Ricans live in NYC than Mexicans.

Comment

Okay, so lets put Alvarez in NYC and see what he sells. You thinking Alvarez is a bigger draw than Cotto is a head scratcher. Actually it's not considering who you root for.

Alvarez did just fight at Staples and they closed off majority of the arena. Cotto set the MSG record for attendance.......not once...........but twice. He also put 30,000 butts in Yankee Stadium. Lets put Saul in Dodger Stadium!

Comment

Some numb nuts last week made a thread saying that Pac outsold Floyd at the gates every time. Well that was a massive fail

Comment

Working...
                      X