Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Wilder need to train his legs to be better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Wilder need to train his legs to be better?

I understand why guys from smaller weights don't develop extra muscles in legs, because they are trying to save as much weight as possible, and we all know why.

But the HW's don't have to make weight, so I don't see the point in him "skipping legs day". Maybe without the chicken legs he would have better movement? even better chin? he doens't seem to have stability or a great chin. He was some trouble everytime he's hit.

And yes he has amazing power.

Genetics.................he trains all body parts accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Genetics.................he trains all body parts accordingly!
      Not sure... to me his skipping legs day. But let's see someone else's opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyZeyaTLedE

He does some legs training but doesn't seem enough.
      Last edited by _Maxi; 01-17-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        I understand why guys from smaller weights don't develop extra muscles in legs, because they are trying to save as much weight as possible, and we all know why.

But the HW's don't have to make weight, so I don't see the point in him "skipping legs day". Maybe without the chicken legs he would have better movement? even better chin? he doens't seem to have stability or a great chin. He was some trouble everytime he's hit.

And yes he has amazing power.
        Wilder has Garry Russell Jr's legs.

Comment

It's just his body type.

Also, he's not a natural boxer either and doesn't have the form and balance of a natural boxer. He's just a good athlete.

That's why a guy like Szpilka could give him a hard time, he was technically sound. Wilder is going to struggle when he gets in with the best few with real pedigree.

He's just a glorified and better Seth Mitchell.

Comment

Yeah his legs are toothpick like. I said it before awhile ago, Deontay and I have the same build (he is an inch taller) but I wondered while watching one of his fights a year or so ago why I had like 20 pounds on him, then I saw his legs

Comment

Working...
            X